PoliceBeat

Graffiti was found on a wall 1600 E. First St., at 11:16 p.m. Aug. 15, reports stated.

The graffiti was written in green on the wall but was illegible, reports stated.

An officer discovered the graffiti while on bike patrol and reported it to Facilities Management, reports stated.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A student’s $99 red, black and silver mountain bike and chain lock were reported stolen at 1:05 p.m. Aug. 15 from Arizona Stadium, 530 N. Vine Ave., reports stated.

The bike had been locked to the southwest bike racks, reports stated.

The student told police he wasn’t sure of the exact date and time he locked up his bike or the exact date and time he noticed it was missing but said it was during the week of Aug. 7.

Police were told the bike had front and rear shocks as well as reflectors on the front and back, reports stated.

The student also said there was a zip-tie on the bottom right bar below the shocks.

The bike hadn’t been registered with Parking and Transportation Services, reports stated.

An employee’s $5 black wallet was stolen from her purse between 1:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. Aug. 15 while it was in her office at the University Services building, 888 N. Euclid Ave., reports stated.

The wallet contained $60 cash, a CatCard, debit and credit cards, an insurance card, a room access card, UA business cards, a driver’s license and personal checks, reports stated.

The employee told police she had put her purse under her desk in her office at 1:30 p.m. and had noticed the missing items at 5:45 p.m.

The employee told police the office had been unlocked all day, but she had been the only one in the office between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. and again between 5 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.

The employee said she hadn’t seen anyone in the area who didn’t belong there, reports stated.

The employee told police she was going to cancel her credit cards and notify her bank of the missing checks. The employee said her credit cards had not been used, reports stated.

A chain-link fence and lock were damaged sometime between Aug. 11 and Aug. 14 at the 22nd Street Warehouse, 1145 S. Warren Ave., reports stated.

A 3-inch-tall hole had been cut into the exterior fence as well as the interior fence, reports stated.

A padlock had also been cut off of a nearby storage unit, reports stated.

The employee said he didn’t know if any items were missing but said they would contact police if there were.

An employee told police the fence and lock were in place during the lock-up process conducted by another employee at 5 p.m. Aug. 11.

When the employee returned at 7 a.m. on Aug. 14, he noticed the damage, reports stated.

A man’s license plate was stolen from his vehicle sometime between 8 a.m. and noon Aug. 7 while it was parked in the Second Street Parking Garage, 1340 E. Second St., reports stated.

The man told police a family member was a student and had parked the vehicle before going to class.

The man said the driver had returned after class and noticed the license plate was crooked, reports stated. Since the driver didn’t know the license number by memory, he didn’t notice the number was different.

The man said he realized the license plate didn’t belong to his vehicle when the driver told him about the incident, reports stated.

The license plate was turned in to the Motor Vehicle Division on Aug. 15, and the man was issued a new plate, reports stated.

Police were told the driver of the vehicle hadn’t seen the theft and didn’t have any suspect information.

The stolen license plate number was entered into the computer as stolen, reports stated.

A student’s black leather wallet was stolen sometime between 11 p.m. Aug. 13 and midnight Aug. 14 from the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

The student said she had last seen her wallet in the pool hall area and noticed it missing when she had to leave.

The wallet contained the student’s driver’s license, credit card, social security card and $7 cash, reports stated.

The student didn’t know her driver’s license number or her credit card number, reports stated.