“Don’t drop them panties, but drop those briefs”

Come on, you know everyone sits in class and daydreams about what that hot guy in the corner is wearing underneath his clothes. That never ending cycle of boxers-or-briefs questions deserve more attention than calculus, anyway.

Underwear says a lot about a person. For one, it is typically worn for your eyes only. You might think that UA student is obsessed with lacy thongs, but really she might just be a granny-panties enthusiast. And let’s not count out the fact that there are still guys in this world who rely solely on tighty-whiteys.

Whatever the preference, Fashion Facts set out to see what UA students are wearing underneath their stylish outfits.

photos by Jacob Rader

On a recent trip to Las Vegas for his 22nd birthday, criminal justice senior Ricky Michlig found this pair of white briefs, above, at a store on the strip.

“”I saw this pair at a goofy store and I had to buy them,”” he said.

The briefs, which bear the phrase, “”I (Heart) to Fart,”” are mostly a joke.

“”I only wear them to be funny or on special occasions,”” he said. “”I also wear them on laundry day.””

Typically Michlig sports boxers, like the striped-red-blue-and-white pair pictured above, far left, or boxer-briefs, all in different solid colors. Yet, his personality still shines with a few of his special pairs.

“”I have a few with some Santas and candy corns,”” Michlig said.

Physiology junior Samantha Kozuch usually wears thongs underneath jeans or shorts. For skirts, she wears girls’ booty shorts, like the black pair she is pictured wearing from Victoria’s Secret.

“”When the wind blows and I wear a skirt, I have to wear booty shorts,”” Kozuch said.

Besides the reliable black pair, Kozuch said her underwear collection includes a variety of colors and that she “”never wears granny panties.””

Now, underwear, while indeed fashionable and at times comfortable, isn’t for everyone. Karl Goranowski, a history senior, was on the beach in Maryland three years ago with friends when one suggested they never wear underwear again. Goranowski took the suggestion to heart.

“”I had no problems with it,”” he said.

Since then, Goranowski goes commando. He is the only one of his friends that has continued to not wear underwear.

“”As of right now, I don’t own a single pair of underwear,”” Goranowski said.

While he pays extra attention to hygiene, Goranowski said that not wearing underwear has its perks, much to the surprise of many doubters.

“”It requires no effort and it’s significantly less expensive,”” he said. “”And you get no lame underwear gifts for Christmas.””