Letters to the Editor

In response to “Pleasure of hidden piercings no secret” (Kat Hermanson, Feb. 20):

Dear Editors,
    I often read the Daily Wildcat for interest of campus activities, students’ thoughts and opinions and as community communique. Interesting and engaging journalism is present. The exception to this is the Feb. 20 column by Kat Hermanson. It is not a matter of personal choice or lifestyle; to each their own. It is a matter of journalistic respectability. Is the Daily Wildcat really the appropriate forum for this material? The content and specific words used seem to lack any measure of social cultivation. Can the Wildcat and its editors please do better? I am calling out that Ms. Hermanson’s journalistic ability, or lack thereof, cannot.
    — Frank P. Morello, M.D.
    Associate Professor of Radiology

Online comments

In response to “Professor faces backlash over Condom Olympics” (Ethan McSweeney, Feb. 20):

I took one of Simmons’ classes in Spring of 2013 to fulfill a general education requirement. Was it as rigorous as some of my other pre-business courses? Not even close. But it was fully immersive in the topics we were discovering. Simmons definitely has an alternate teaching style, and it breaks through the droning lecture-textbook-quiz-final cycle in a beautiful way. I’m confused about what the actual story is here? Urging people to use condoms? Religious disapproval of recreational sex? Or about his class being light on rigor?
    — John Beeler

In response to “The good and bad of the Arizona Wildcats’ win at Utah” (Luke Della, Feb. 20):

Who talks about how great Aaron Gordon is from the line? I guess unicorns do exist after all.
    — Hush

In response to “Rich Rod should be more flexible” (Tyler Keckeisen, Feb. 19):

I agree with your premise about allowing recruits to explore all their options up until signing day. It’s only fair. However, you’re revealing your own callousness by stating that Bill Cosby was the one with the “kids” quote. That was originally Art Linkletter. Google him, okay?
    — wildcat83