Holiday foods take hold in Tucson

The Winter Squash Stew is a new seasonal dish at Feast, on 3719 E Speedway Blvd., featuring candied hazelnuts, spinach and sweet potatoes. Feast also features a seasonal Warm Autumn Vegetable Salad with roasted cauliflower, toasted pumpkin seeds and Buttercup squash.

Holiday treats have come out in full force since Thanksgiving has come and gone. Tucson has an array of local eateries and chains that offer up tasty holiday eats for a limited time. Check out some of these favorites and snatch them before they’re gone.

If a full-service seasonal menu is what you’re in search of, Feast delivers. With their new location on Speedway Boulevard, just before Alvernon Way, it’s worth going out for a nice dinner at this local favorite. Feast features local ingredients and seasonal treats. Its menu changes monthly and currently features pumpkin-inspired dishes along with many other seasonal goodies. The new menu will start on Dec. 7 and feature some great holiday dishes. Check out their website, eatatfeast.com, for full menu and details.

If sweets are more your thing, University Boulevard’s own Red Velvet Cupcakery is a great place to try. Its featured cupcakes take on seasonal twists. Its most recent cupcake for the season was a rich-spiced cake perfect for autumn. They will offer holiday-themed cupcakes through December. Stop in and be sure to show your student identification for 20 percent off.

If cheesecake tickles your fancy, then the Cheesecake Factory has you covered. They are currently offering three holiday-specific cheesecakes — pumpkin, pumpkin pecan and peppermint bark cheesecakes ­— all available by the slice or whole through the end of December.

Pop into Starbucks or Espresso Art for holiday-themed drinks that include peppermint mochas and gingerbread lattes. Both feature an array of holiday-inspired drinks. As the temperature drops, it’s a great way to warm up.

If cold doesn’t have you trapped indoors, Frost is a must-visit. The peppermint gelato is fantastic and sure to get your holiday spirit going. The hot chocolate — made of melted and steamed gelato — is another must-try. Just remember how rich it is before ordering; a small drink will go a long way.

Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s offer great selections of holiday foods for you to bring home. From cookies, scones and other baked goods with a seasonal twist to all the fixings for a home-cooked meals, including ready-to-mash potatoes and whole turkey breasts, these two grocers offer a great selection of take-home, do-it-yourself holiday foods.