Date Book

EVENTS/LECTURES

• Suicide prevention and awareness day. Suicide is the third-leading cause of death in people who are college aged. It’s time to learn the facts about suicide and about the ways you can prevent suicide. 11 a.m. UA Mall.
  • Interview workshop. How you present yourself in an interview will determine whether you get the job. Learn how to prepare for an interview so that you can answer the tough questions with ease. 1 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Career Services, Suite 411
  • Upper-division writing workshop. Joe Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss “”Review of Punctuation.”” 4 p.m. Psychology building, Room 205.
  • “”Human Evolution: Tracing Our Origins With DNA”” by Michael Hammer, a research Scientist with the division of biotechnology and department of ecology and evolutionary biology. 7 p.m. Social Sciences building, Auditorium
  • Suicide vigil. A candlelight vigil for all those who have lost their lives to suicide. There will be a speaker and a moment of silence. Candles can be purchased during the day out on the UA Mall. Luminarias can also be purchased during the day and stories or names can be written on them so they can be displayed during the night. 7 p.m. UA Mall, main stage
  • ENTERTAINMENT

• Gospel music. Noon. UA Mall, main stage
  • “”Pote Mak Sonje”” is a film about the military junta that overthrew Jean-Bertrand Aristide in Haiti in 1991, which killed and tortured thousands during the three-year reign. In the most brutal single massacre, the coup government indiscriminately murdered scores of Aristide supporters in the leftist fishing village of Raboteau in 1994. 5 p.m. CǸsar ChÇ­vez building, Room 111
  • UApresents. “”Ballet FolklÇürico ‘Quetzalli’ de Veracruz.”” Twelve dancers and five musicians perform traditional music and dance from Veracruz, Mexico, home of “”La Bamba.”” 7:30 p.m. Tickets $10 to $36. Centennial Hall
  • Charles Darwin Experience. 10:15 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Wilbur’s Underground, Cellar