Police Beat

A man stole several books from the UA Bookstore, 1209 E. University Blvd., Feb. 10, reports stated.

A white man wearing a blue and white flannel shirt and black pants was seen walking out of the store carrying eight to ten books on the bookstore surveillance cameras.

Police arrived at the bookstore about 15 minutes after he’d left and searched the area for the man. Police were unable to find him.

Police were told they would get a photo of the man Feb. 12 so that a flier could be made.

A student saw a man with his hand in his pants in the Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, 1130 N. Mountain Ave., Feb. 10, reports stated.

The student said she was walking southbound on the west side of the building at 7:02 a.m. when someone yelled to get her attention.

When she looked over she saw a man in a blue shirt and blue running shorts with his hand in his pants. She did not know if the man was masturbating.

She continued walking and called police. She said she didn’t feel threatened, but was surprised.

Police searched for the man but did not find him.

A man was arrested for a warrant from the Tucson Police Department after he was seen trying to ride a bicycle while drunk Feb. 10, reports stated.

A police officer saw the man riding the bicycle northbound on North Park Avenue from East Sixth Street at 10:48 p.m. when he lost his balance and fell off the bicycle onto a rock wall.

The man was trying to push himself along by using the wall for support when the officer stopped him. The man had a strong odor of alcohol.

A record check showed he had an outstanding warrant from TPD for failing to appear on a charge of consuming liquor in public.

He was arrested and searched. A baggie containing marijuana was also found in one of his pants pockets.

He was booked into Pima County Jail and the marijuana was sent to the Department of Public Safety for testing.

A man was arrested for possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and a fugitive warrant Feb. 11, reports stated.

A police officer spoke with the man at the Integrated Learning Center, 1500 E. University Blvd. at 9:56 a.m.

A records check showed he had a felony warrant from Idaho. Police in Idaho confirmed the warrant and told UAPD that they would extradite the man.

The man was searched and a metal smoking pipe and marijuana were found in his jacket pocket. The backpack he was carrying contained three containers of marijuana, another metal pipe, a metal rod and metal mesh screens.

He told police he bought the marijuana on North Fourth Avenue for personal use.

He was booked into Pima County Jail.

A University of Arizona employee received threatening messages from her ex-boyfriend while she was at work Jan. 9, reports stated.

The employee said she received an order of protection from the man from the Tucson City Court Jan. 2.

She said he saw the order when he came to her house about a week later, but he continued calling her one to four times daily and came over to her house four times after that.

He came to house at 2:45 a.m. and knocked on her door for several minutes before leaving, Feb. 9. He also called her while she was at work later that day. She told him if he called again she would call the police.

He said, “”That’s the last time you threaten me with the law.”” He then called her cell phone and left a message.

The employee did not know where the man was living or working, but gave police his sister’s phone number.

Police were unable to reach the man or his sister.

The Tucson City Court told the UAPD that the man could not be arrested because he had not yet been served with the order.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu