Melville crash sends SUV into garage

Three women were injured in a three-car accident just before midnight Wednesday in Melville when a sport-utility vehicle crashed into a garage, Suffolk County police and fire officials said.

The crash occurred at 11:58 p.m. at the intersection of Old Country Road and Moore Place, officials said.

Police said the Toyota Sequoia driver, traveling on Old Country Road, collided with the Kia Optima sedan, which entered the road from a side street. The Sequoia then crashed into the garage of a house on Moore Place. A Chevrolet Blazer then struck the Kia, officials said.

Fire officials said the Sequoia’s driver was taken to Huntington Hospital complaining of neck and back injuries. Two women in the Kia were taken to North Shore-Plainview Hospital, also complaining of neck and back injuries, officials said.

Five people in the Blazer declined treatment, fire officials said.

A fourth car, which was in the garage, was damaged in the crash, according to fire officials.

No one in the house was injured, officials said.

Police said a Town of Huntington building inspector was called to the scene to assess the damage and said the inspector would return Thursday.

About 35 firefighters from the Melville Fire Department, as well as a heavy rescue truck, three ambulances, paramedic and first responder units worked the crash scene.