Police Beat

A student found $140 in an envelope at Manzanita-Mohave Residence Hall, 1010 N. Park Ave. The student gave it to Residence Life officials.

Police were contacted Aug. 19. Hall officials gave the money to the officer along with a note detailing the student’s contact information. The officer attempted to contact the student by phone but was unable to reach the student.

The money was placed in University of Arizona Police Department property.

Police recovered a traffic stop sign Aug. 18.

The sign was found near Villa Del Puente Residence Hall, 575 N. Highland Ave. The person who found the sign turned it over to Residence Life.

A Villa Del Puente employee returned the sign to UAPD.

During a routine patrol Aug. 18, an officer discovered graffiti on the first floor of the Cherry Avenue Garage, 1641 E. Enke Drive.

The graffiti was on a sign on the garage’s east wall, near a bicycle-parking area. The artist used a black marker.

No one has been cited.

Police responded to a report of a missing jewelry organizer and its contents Aug. 18.

The items were taken from a student’s room in Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St.

The organizer contained both fine and costume jewelry. The student estimated the items’ value at $750.

The student said her dorm room had been secured, but she was unable to account for her suitemates.

Her roommate said she had not seen anyone enter the room.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.