Police Beat

Two students were arrested for stealing street signs from the southeast corner of East Eighth Street and North Fremont Avenue Sept. 27, reports stated.

A witness called police at 12:14 a.m. to report that two men and two women picked up and carried a pole into Skyview Apartments, 1050 E. Eighth St.

A yield sign, North Eighth Street sign and North Fremont Avenue sign were all attached to the pole that the team carried up the east stairwell of the apartment building.

Police found two large dirt piles outside of the students’ door. The signs were inside the apartment and had been taken off the pole with pliers.

One of the men said that the pole was lying on the ground when they found it. He told police that it never occurred to him to notify the city of Tucson and that he thought it was okay to take the property if it was not standing.

The two women were not identified by the men.

A male student was arrested for underage drinking after he was found intoxicated outside Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., reports stated.

The Coronado resident was found vomiting on the south side of the dorm at 3:12 a.m. Thursday.

The student told police he had been drinking vodka. He was not sure how much he had to drink but said it was about three shots.

Police called paramedics to transport the man to University Medical Center for extreme alcohol intoxication.

UMC staff said the student had a blood alcohol level of .231.

White chalk graffiti was found on the Veterinary Sciences building, 1117 E. Lowell St., and the north side of the Highland tunnel, 1395 E. Speedway Blvd., reports stated.

The word “”Repent,”” was on the Veterinary Sciences building.

“”Give war a chance,”” was written on the Highland tunnel.

Police did not find any other matching graffiti and have no suspects.

Three students were diverted to the Dean of Students Office for underage alcohol consumption at Babcock Inn Residence Hall, 1717 E. Speedway Blvd., Sept. 28. One of the three students was also cited for use of marijuana, reports stated.

Police responded at 12:46 a.m. to a report of the smell of burnt marijuana.

A man and a woman said they had arrived to the apartment about a half-hour before the police arrived. The two said they had taken shots of vodka recently, but they could not explain the smell of marijuana.

The man’s roommate was visibly nervous and shaking a little. He told police he couldn’t believe what was happening and that his parents “”…are just not going to understand.””

The man was worried about getting kicked out of the dorms.

The student said that he has friends over who did not live on campus. He said one of them brought over a joint that everyone passed around.

The female student was taken back to her dorms by police as a safety measure.

An unidentified person painted graffiti at nine different locations on the UA campus sometime on the night of Sept. 27, reports stated.

A fish painted in light blue or black was found in several spots the next morning. Some places were also sprayed with political messages.

The places tagged were all on the northern part of campus. The buildings painted were the Harvill building, 1103 E. Second St.; Music building, 1017 N. Olive Road; Harshbarger building, 1235 E. James E. Rogers Way; Engineering building, 1127 E. James E. Rogers Way; Science-Engineering Library, 744 N. Highland Ave.; Delta Gamma sorority house, 1448 E. First St., Chi Omega sorority house, 1420 E. First St.; Kappa Sigma fraternity house, 1423 E. First St.; and a brick pillar at East First Street and North Vine Avenue.

Police think that these incidents are related to three other cases on file.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.