They Said It: Football post-game reaction

Matt Scott on his confidence level: I couldn’t really tell you right now. I’m just going to watch the film and see what I can do next week.

Trevin Wade on the UA defense’s execution: We’ve got to get off the field on third downs. We were giving up a lot of third downs that we should have stopped. We were right there. We just need to tackle, gang tackle, whatever it takes.

Mike Stoops: You go on the road and get the ball with a first-and-goal from the one and come away with three points — it’s kind of a recipe for disaster. Playing a team like (Iowa) that was huge in the game. The third-and-23 was huge. There were some big plays and Iowa made them all and we certainly didn’t make enough.

Mark Stoops assessing the Wildcats’ performance on defense: There’s not a lot of easy ways. Sometimes you’ve just got to man up and make plays. They did and we didn’t. They were coached better and they played better and that’s it. We were out-matched.

Sonny Dykes on Arizona’s offensive outing: We just kind of trade off with guys screwing up a little bit. We’ve got to play better. There were plenty of big plays out there. We’ve got to be able to make those plays to beat a good team on the road. They’re not going to give you opportunity after opportunity after opportunity. We’ve got to be able to capitalize and make those plays when we have opportunities to.

Nic Grigsby on Iowa’s defense: We knew what they were going to do, we knew they were going to try and stop the run. They knew that our offense is explosive off the running game. They were huge, they were strong, they were physical and they were fast. They were just flying around making plays.