Police Beat

A man was arrested for driving through an exit arm in the Tyndall Avenue Parking Garage, 880 E. 4th St., Jan. 17, at 8:08 p.m., reports stated.

A Parking and Transportation Services employee gave police the vehicle’s description and license plate number.

Police went to the house of the vehicle’s owner, but no one was there. The vehicle was at the house and did not appear to be damaged.

Police called the man and left him a message. He called back later that day and said he did drive through and break the exit arm at about 8 p.m.

He met with police and told them that he had paid for his parking ticket, but the machine would not accept his ticket.

He said traffic behind his truck kept him from reversing so he could go back and talk with the cashier, and the person behind him was honking car horn, so he drove though the exit arm.

He was cited for criminal damage and released.

A student reported receiving about 30 harassing phone calls to her dorm room in Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. 5th St., since December, reports stated.

Police spoke with the student Jan. 17, and she said she received the first harassing phone call on Dec. 16 at about 2 p.m. She said a male said “”Hi”” and knew her name.

The person also said he liked her T-shirt. She said he would not tell her his name, and she hung up.

She told police she tried to trace the calls bydialing *69. Police told her to try using *57 to trace the caller’s phone number and to contact police if she was successful.

A homeless woman was arrested for trespassing at the First Methodist Church, 915 E. 4th St., reports stated.

Police found the woman on a flight of stairs at the church on Jan. 16 at 12:19 p.m. She had arranged cardboard to shelter herself and had bags filled with personal belongings next to her.

The church’s reverend said she had asked the woman to leave many times and twice that day.

The reverend told police the woman had assaulted the church’s previous reverend, and she was afraid for the safety of the church’s staff and people who attend the church.

The woman was cited and released. Police told her not to return to the church.

A man reported that his computer mouse had been vandalized Jan. 17, reports stated.

The man said he found the computer mouse cord severed in his office in the Smith House, 1195 E. Speedway Blvd. It appeared to be cut with a sharp tool.

The man said he had left his office at about 8 p.m. Jan. 17 and found the cut cord at 7:15 a.m. Jan. 18. The office door was not locked.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A student reported a missing cell phone and keys Jan. 17, reports stated.

The student said he thought he had lost the keys somewhere on the west side of the Ina A. Gittings Building, 1713 E. University Blvd.

Five phone calls were made with the phone after it had been lost, reports stated.

A woman was cited for driving with expired out-of-state license plates Jan. 17, reports stated.

The license plates had expired Nov. 30, 2005. She told police she didn’t know how to renew the license plates.

A student reported that her purse was stolen at the Sigma Phi Epsilon House, 1420 N. Vine Ave, reports stated.

She told police that she left her purse in a room in the house at 11:30 p.m. Jan. 13 and found it missing at 12:45 a.m. Jan. 14.

The purse contained a wallet, gift certificates and a camera.

A credit card was found in the Tyndall Avenue Parking Garage, 880 E. 4th St., Jan. 18.

The card was given to police by a Parking and Transportation Services employee.

Police e-mailed the card’s owner to notify them.

A university employee reported that her iPod was stolen from her office in the Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center, 1500 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

The employee said she was out of her office from 9:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Jan. 12. The iPod was missing when she returned.

The office was unlocked, and no one was seen leaving or entering.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.