Fashion Facts

When guys aren’t sporting the classic Rainbow flip-flop, do they choose comfortable sneakers or slip-on Vans? When tooling around campus from class to class, the sneaker is a good choice to keep feet warm, assuming the crisp fall air breezes through town sometime soon.

Sneakers also make bike riding and longboarding easier, and may even put that extra bounce in your walk to Spanish class. Whether pricey New Balance kicks are up your alley, or rather reliable Converse, sneaker season is quickly approaching.

Fashion Facts spotted plenty of sneakers and slip-ons around campus Tuesday. Take it from these students, the sneak outdoes the flop.

(Photos by Alan Fullmer)

“”I really needed some red in my shoes,”” said Kelly Cutter of his multicolored skate shoes.

The business sophomore said he picked up his pair of IPath’s in Phoenix.

“”I usually wear black shoes, so I only wear these white ones once or twice a week so they don’t get too dirty,”” he said.

The green, yellow and red stand out and match almost any conglomeration of colors Cutter chooses to wear.

While not afraid to wear flip-flops as he longboards his way to class, Cutter said he likes simple slip-on shoes like Pumas because they last much longer.

There is no color Kazbek Kazhyken, an aerospace engineering junior, won’t try. Sporting black, red, silver and white Nike Air Jordans, Kazhyken said he stays away from flip-flops and mostly relies on his beloved colorful kicks.

“”What I usually see on campus from everybody are flip-flops,”” Kazhyken said.

Kazhyken showed off a photo from his cell phone of a different pair of shoes – an eclectic mix of bright yellows and blues. No color is too bold when it comes to Kazhyken’s taste in shoes.

Communication junior Brett Kleinman loves his slip-ons. His pair is a unique Puma twist on the classic canvas Vans style.

Kleinman rocks these convenient sneaks as often as possible.

“”When I wake up I can just slide them on,”” he said. “”They are easy.””

The straw-like strap adds a casual sense of style, while not overdoing the color combination of black and beige.