Police Beat

A man was arrested for being a minor with spirituous liquor in the body near the intersection of North Highland Avenue and East Sixth Street at 7:48 p.m. Saturday.

A police aide witnessed a verbal argument occur south of Apache-Santa Cruz Residence Hall, 1420 E. Fifth St. Two witnesses were attempting to stop one of the people arguing from getting into his car and driving.

When an officer arrived, the man was saying, “”Give me my fucking keys”” and was sitting on the curb.

His eyes were bloodshot and watery, and he was continuously sniffling and hanging his head down to his knees. He began to cry.

He was cited and released.

Two students were arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia Saturday at La Paz Residence Hall, 602 N. Highland Ave.

At 5:50 p.m., a student reported a strong smell of marijuana coming from one of the rooms at La Paz. An officer responded, and the student showed him which room the smell was coming from.

The officer confirmed the smell was coming out of that specific room by sniffing around the doorframe. He knocked on the door several times and received no response.

At that point, the reporting student knocked on the door and asked a female student inside to open it; she did. The officer asked her if he could come in. She refused but agreed to talk to him in the hallway.

When she stepped out of the room, the officer noticed that she had red and watery eyes. She said she did not know where the odor was coming from and added that the hallway always smells like marijuana.

She told the officer her boyfriend was in her room; an assisting officer called him and asked him to come out. When he did, the officer noticed he also had red watery eyes and slow body motions.

When the officer asked him about the odor of marijuana, the boyfriend said he had it in the room. He agreed to bring it out.

The female student agreed to have her room searched. Officers found a glass pipe inside the drawer of a dresser, and the boyfriend said the pipe and the marijuana belonged to him.

The female student said the pipe was hers.

They were cited and released. The pipe and marijuana were confiscated, and the on-duty resident assistant was advised of the incident.

The students were referred to the Dean of Students Office.

A resident of Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., was transported to University Medical Center, 1501 N. Campbell Ave., at 12:58 a.m. March 28 for extreme intoxication.

At 12:35 a.m. an officer responded to Coronado in reference to a man passed out in the bathroom. When the officer made contact with the student, he was lying on the ground on his stomach, snoring but unconscious; he had vomited on himself several times.

He was lying halfway in the hallway and halfway in the restroom. The officer attempted to wake him, but he was unresponsive to verbal and painful stimuli.

Tucson Fire Department arrived on scene and began treating the student before transporting him to UMC. He remained unconscious the entire time at Coronado.

At 4:02 a.m. the officer attempted contact with the student in the emergency room. He has been still unconscious, and hospital staff said he was that way since he arrived.

The officer intended to follow up and charge the student with being an underage person with spirituous liquor in the body.