Police Beat: Oct. 25

The young and the intoxicated

A University of Arizona Police Department officer responded to Villa del Puente Residence Hall at 12:30 a.m. on Wednesday in reference to an intoxicated man. The officer met with a Tucson Fire Department captain who said the man had been at a fraternity house drinking alcohol. The man was sitting on a toilet in the men’s bathroom with his clothes on. The officer asked the man if he had been drinking alcohol and the man said yes, and that he was only 18 years old. The man had a flushed face, red, watery eyes, slurred speech and a heavy odor of intoxicants coming from his mouth. The man refused medical transportation to a hospital and was treated by Tucson Fire Department at the dorm. He asked the officer for a ride to his dorm, which he was already in. The man was cited and released for minor in possession of alcohol in body.

She’s got stagger

A UAPD officer was on patrol near First Street and Cherry Avenue around 2 a.m. on Wednesday when a student flagged him down. The student said she had seen a woman staggering near First Street fall repeatedly and vomit. The officer located the woman. She said she had just come from “D-Chi.” The woman admitted to drinking at the Delta Chi fraternity house. She had abrasions and cuts on her knees and elbows. She also had vomit on her face and in her hair. The officer called for medical assistance and the woman was transported to University of Arizona Medical Center–University Campus. The woman was cited for minor in possession of alcohol in body and was referred to the Dean of Students Office for a Code of Conduct violation.

Blade found amid library books

A UAPD officer responded to the Main Library at 1 p.m. on Wednesday in regards to found property. The property is a Sheffield stainless steel knife with a 6-inch flip out blade. There is no serial number on the knife and the owner is unknown at this time. The knife was placed into UAPD property and evidence.

Thou shalt not (tres)pass

A UAPD officer responded to the Park Avenue Parking Garage at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday in reference to a suspicious man looking into cars. The man was described as 30 to 40 years old, black, bald, wearing a purple shirt and carrying a white pillow. The officer located the man near the 7-Eleven. The man said he had not been in the garage at all. A records check showed that the man had an outstanding warrant for misdemeanor trespassing from the Tucson Police Department. The officer arrested the man for the warrant and transported him to Pima County Jail. There was no damage to any of the vehicles in the garage.