Police Beat

The red and white striped wood bar of an entry gate at Tyndall Avenue Parking Garage, 880 E. Fourth St., was found broken on the ground at 9:05 a.m. Oct. 7, reports stated.

The wood bar went to the center entrance on the west side of the garage.

Police said no one was in the area during their routine patrol of the area.

There are no suspects or witnesses.

A set of keys was found on the ground near the Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center, 1500 E. University Blvd., at 10 p.m. Oct. 7, reports stated.

The set of dorm keys was attached to a red necklace.

The set has been placed into property and evidence for safekeeping.

A stop sign and electrical sign were vandalized and damaged at the UA Visitor Center, 811 N. Euclid Ave., reports stated.

Sometime between 5 p.m. Oct. 6 and 11 a.m. Oct. 7, someone spray painted an electrical box and bent a stop sign.

“”PWB,”” was written in red paint on the electrical box. The stop sign was bent at the base and appeared as though it had been backed into.

There was no other damage in the area.

Two students’ books were stolen their study area in the Main Library, 1510 E. University Blvd., Oct. 7, reports stated.

A student told police that between 10:59 p.m. and 11:01 p.m. his $110 accounting textbook was taken from the third floor. The student said he left the area to answer a phone call and when he returned, the book was gone.

Another student approached police and said his books had also been taken during the same time frame.

The second student left his books where he had been studying on the fourth floor to go to the bathroom. The books stolen from him were a $140 algebra text book and a book on Vietnam.

The books could not be located in the surrounding areas. There are no suspects or witnesses.

A man was arrested for trespassing after he was found sleeping at McClelland Hall, 1130 E. Helen St., Oct. 8, reports stated.

The man was found sleeping on the patio on the south side of McClelland. The man said he was just passing through when police asked him why he was on campus.

Police had warned the man before about trespassing on campus. The man said he remembered the warnings and recalled being told that he would be arrested.

The previous warning was given when police caught the man attempting to steal bicycles near the Fine Arts Complex.

The man was transported to Pima County Jail. His bicycle and backpack were placed into property and evidence for safekeeping.

An underage student was cited for consuming alcohol after police found him sleeping on the steps of the Second Street Parking Garage, 1340 E. Second St., Oct. 7, reports stated.

The student had his head in his lap when police approached him. Various obscenities had been written with black marker on his face, arms and torso. His speech was slurred and a strong smell of alcohol was on his breath.

The student told police he had had seven mixed vodka and Rockstar Energy drinks. He told police he had been drinking at the Kappa Sigma fraternity house, 1423 E. First St.

Police found two driver’s licenses in the man’s wallet: an Arkansas license with the man’s name and a Texas license with a different first name.

The man said the Texas license was his brother’s and the one from Arkansas was the “”real fake ID.””

The student told police he had already been cited for minor in possession early that night, but police could not find a record of the incidence. The student also added that he had been cited for drinking about a month and a half ago.

Police asked the student if they could give him a ride home for his safety. The man declined and added that he had to get his sandals from the fraternity house, then left running in the direction of the house.

The citation has been forwarded to the Dean of Students Office.

A tan vest was found in a planter on the south side of McClelland Hall, 1130 E. Helen St., at 4 a.m. Oct. 8, reports stated.

The vest had a cellular flip phone and gold-rimmed glasses in the pockets.

The items were placed into property and evidence for safekeeping.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu