Make the most of the final weeks of the semester

Here are seven things you can do to make the most of your last few weeks in Tucson:

Cyber Monday

Missed out on the Black Friday shopping or have extra money to get a few more gifts (or things for yourself)? Get some Christmas shopping done while skipping out on the packs of people and crazy long lines. Monday is a day for online shoppers to get the best deals from their computers. Some good deals are: 

• Amazon is dedicating almost an entire week to Cyber Monday—or what they’re calling Cyber Monday Deals Week—with deals lasting until Dec. 5. 
    • Urban Outfitters is giving shoppers free worldwide shipping on orders over $50. Bonus: UO members get early access to Cyber Monday and $50 off $150 purchase or $15 off $75 purchase in stores online. 
    • Get 15 percent off Target storewide online with promo code CYBER15 on Monday.

Pets Night

Need an excuse to go see Santa? Bring your furry friend to the Park Place Mall for a visit with Santa on Monday nights after 6 p.m. until Dec. 14. 

Good cause and hot chocolate

Donate to Aviva Children’s Services by bringing an unwrapped toy to the Registration Office in the UA Student Recreation Center. They are accepting donations through Dec. 7, but if you drop a toy off this Wednesday from 4-6 p.m., you will receive a free cup of hot chocolate from the hot chocolate bar. 

Arizona women’s basketball game

Watch the women’s basketball team play against New Mexico State on Wednesday at 7 p.m. in McKale Center. 

Express your inner child

Creative Juice on Tanque Verde Road offers adult painting classes every night this week at 6:30 p.m. Take a class for $35 at Tucson’s original art bar. No experience needed. In addition to the evening classes, stop by the “U of A Pride” session on Dec. 5 at 10 a.m.

No need to go to Mt. Lemmon

Go see snow fall into the Tucson Lifestyle Courtyard every Friday and Saturday at 6 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. until Dec. 19 while enjoying live music. Oh, and it’s free.

Finals, finals, finals

With the first day of final exams just 12 days away, the end of the semester has definitely snuck up on us. Although it doesn’t feel like the end of the semester yet, it’s time to begin freaking out about exams. Go to class these last two weeks, make a to-do list for the rest of the semester and begin hitting up the library.

Follow Emma Jackson on Twitter.