Police Beat

Two students were diverted to the Dean of Students Office for underage drinking Jan. 19, reports stated.

At 12:36 a.m., police saw groups of people entering and leaving the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity house, 1509 E. Second St.

Police noticed two women walk out to a trash bin in an alley by the house holding beer cans. The two women later walked away from the trash bin without the cans.

Police noticed a slight odor of alcohol from both of the women. The women would not tell the police where the beer was from, but they said they didn’t bring it to the house.

Both women were under the age of 21 and were referred to a UA diversion program.

A student was cited for driving with a suspended license Jan. 19, reports stated.

Police noticed a vehicle without its headlights driving southbound on North Cherry Avenue from East Speedway Boulevard around 1 a.m.

The driver gave police a California driver’s license that was suspended.

She told police she didn’t know it had been suspended, but said, “”I’ve had a lot of insurance problems and traffic tickets in California.””

A student’s car was damaged sometime between Jan. 14 and Jan. 19 in UA parking lot 8106, 1420 E. Seventh St., reports stated.

Police noticed the driver’s side window had been broken at 4:09 a.m. Jan. 19, and left the owner a phone message.

A student called police back about the damage at 7:54 a.m. and said she didn’t know the window was broken. She had last seen the car around 7 p.m. on Jan. 14.

She told police no items were missing from the car.

A student’s textbooks, mp3 player, cell phone and bank cards were stolen Jan. 16 from a study room in the Main Library, 1510 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

The student told police she had briefly left the room on the fourth floor at 4:40 p.m.

When she returned at 4:43 p.m., she noticed the items were missing.

A pink bag, cash and other items were also missing.

A student reported losing her cell phone sometime between 7 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Jan. 15, reports stated.

The student said she returned from a trip that morning and a bus dropped her off at East First Street and North Vine Avenue.

She walked back to her residence hall, where she noticed her phone was missing.

An employee found marijuana in a men’s bathroom in the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., Jan. 20, reports stated.

The employee found the marijuana on a shelf in the bathroom stall around 12:30 a.m.

Police disposed of the marijuana.

Two women were cited for underage drinking on Jan. 20, reports stated.

One of the women was found unconscious in a room in Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., and was transported to University Medical Center, 1501 N. Campbell Ave.

Both women had come to UA to visit another woman who resides in Coronado.

They had gone to a party at the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity house, 1449 N. Cherry Ave., and to another party at a house, where they both drank alcohol.

The woman transported to the UMC was 17 years old. A UMC employee said her blood alcohol content was 0.227.

Both women were cited and given court dates.

An employee reported damage to the Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, 1130 N. Mountain Ave., and to Drachman Hall, 1295 N. Martin Ave., on Jan. 20, reports stated.

The employee found two broken glass panes in doors at Drachman Hall at 7 a.m. and a glass window panel broken at the AME building at 7:15 a.m.

The damage occurred sometime between 5 p.m.on Jan. 19 and 7 a.m. on Jan. 20.

The damage appeared to have been caused by objects thrown through the window.