Police Beat

Police found graffiti between the third and fourth levels of the Park Avenue Parking Garage, 1140 N. Park Ave., at 7:56 a.m. Nov. 23, reports stated.

The graffiti depicted a pink face, which was spray-painted on the wall of the up-ramp.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A $150 mountain bike was found with its seat and frame spray painted on the northeast bike racks by La Paz Residence Hall, 1440 E. Fourth St., sometime before Nov. 15, reports stated.

The owner flagged down police Nov. 23 at 9:58 a.m. to report that the bike had been vandalized. The woman said that she checked the racks for her bike Nov. 15 but did not recognize the bike because of the yellow spray paint. When she checked the racks again on Nov. 17, she realized the yellow bike was hers.

The woman told police she was reporting the vandalism because her father wanted the incident documented. There was no other damage made to the bicycle or any other bikes on the racks near the woman’s bike.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Drug paraphernalia was found near the BIO5 building, 1110 N. Cherry Ave., at 11:50 a.m. Nov. 23, reports stated.

An employee of a construction company working in the area found the paraphernalia in a portable toilet on the job site.

A spoon with a black handle and a nickel were found in the portable toilet. Both of the items had a white residue on them, and the spoon appeared as though it had been burned.

The spoon and nickel were placed into property and evidence to be destroyed by the police.

Police arrested a man on a warrant for theft after he was found near North Park Avenue and East Helen Street with a bicycle seat at 9:33 p.m. Nov. 23, reports stated.

Police asked the man where he had gotten the black and gray bike seat. The man said he had taken it from a bike on the UA campus. Police asked the man to show them where he had taken the seat from.

The man directed the police to the bike racks on the north side of the Music building, 1017 N. Olive Road. Police found two bicycles without seats during a check of the racks. Police left notes on both of the bikes that stated that their seats may be in police custody.

The seat was placed into evidence for safekeeping, and the man was transported to Pima County Jail.

Police found graffiti at Babcock Residence Hall, 1717 E. Speedway Blvd., 8 a.m. Nov. 22, reports stated. The graffiti depicted a green face, which was spray-painted on the west wall outside the office of orientation. An employee said the graffiti was done sometime after 5:45 p.m. Nov. 21.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A man was served with an exclusionary order after an employee of Bear Down Gym, 1428 E. University Blvd., found him in the gym’s showers at 11:23 a.m. Nov. 22, reports stated.

The employee told police he had warned the man about trespassing at the gym several times. Police records revealed that police had also warned the man for trespassing on campus and multiple contacts had been made with the man.

The man told police he was using the shower at the gym because it was close to University Medical Center, where he was being treated. He told police he had Hepatitis C.

Police arrested the man for criminal trespassing and transported him to Pima County Jail. The man was served with a one-year exclusionary order.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu