To get you through your weekend

Sept. 23

Greek Festival

The St. Demitrios Greek Orthodox Church’s annual Greek Festival begins this Thursday and continues throughout the weekend. A beloved Tucson event, the 2010 festival brings the same comforts as in previous years — a chance to experience Greek cuisine, live Greek music, dance performances and lessons and tours of the church and Hellenic Center. Come sample souvlaki and baklava and browse the traditional Greek crafts in this authentic cultural experience. Opa!

St Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church

1145 E. Fort Lowell Rd.

5 p.m. to 10 p.m., $3

Sept. 24

Daniel Tosh

Daniel Tosh brings his casual comedy to the Tucson Music Hall this Friday. Tosh is a young, American stand-up comedian who has become a campus favorite this year, visiting more than seven hundred campuses to date. Tosh is most well-known for his internet video clip show, “”Tosh.0,”” on Comedy Central, which stars only Tosh and a green screen as he provides his witty commentary on internet memes and phenomena. Tosh is extremely current and laid-back, making him especially popular with young audiences. His debut combo DVD/CD, “”True Stories I Made Up,”” will be released this November from Comedy Central Records.

Tucson Music Hall

260 S. Church Ave., $35

Sept. 25

Fresh: The Movie

Dinner and a movie becomes produce-picking and a documentary this Saturday at the Loft Cinema. The Loft Cinema in conjunction with the Watershed Management group present a screening of “”Fresh,”” a documentary following the reinvention of farming in America. In the age of fast-food frenzy and mass-marketed meat and produce, the farmers featured in “”Fresh”” are exploring innovative ways to create viable, sustainable and healthy options for food. The film will screen at 11 a.m., and the Loft will have a mini farmer’s market on their patio at 9:30 a.m.

The Loft Cinema

3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Farmer’s Market at 9:30 a.m.,

“”Fresh”” screening at 11 a.m., $8

POWHAUS PRESENTS: Robot 2010 — A Dance Odyssey

From the eclectic multimedia production company that brought the likes of the Glitter Ball and Fun Times Party Go! to the Rialto Theatre comes Robot 2010 — A Dance Odyssey. Powhaus Productions has partnered with the Annual Robot Exchange to bring you this futuristic foray. Robot 2010 will have live DJs, video art, costume contests and robot art submitted by the party’s patrons. You can submit art early at robotexchange@gmail.com or bring your work on the night of the event.

The Rialto Theater

318 E. Congress St.

Doors open at 8:30 p.m., $3

18 and up only

Sept. 26

Marianne Dissard at Plush

If you’re wandering Fourth Avenue in search of a weekend nightcap, stop by Plush for a lounge act that’ll transport you from dusty deserts to Parisian cityscapes. Marianne Dissard, a French-born musician and filmmaker who hangs her chapeau in Tucson, will perform a free set there on Sunday. She is a regular collaborator with other local acts like Calexico and Naim Amor, so stop by for some free, Frenchifilled Tucson flavor.

Plush

340 E. 6th Street

9:30 – 11:30 p.m., free

Namoli Brennet at Club Congress

Tucson troubadour Namoli Brennet is no ordinary musician. She holds a degree in music composition, is a multi-instrumentalist adept at strings and keys alike and has self-engineered and produced all eight albums in her catalog. Namoli was born male and transitioned to female, giving her lyrics a rawness that steers far away from singer/songwriter clichés. Experience her unique voice this Sunday.

Club Congress

311 E. Congress St.

Doors at 7 p.m., $5

— Compiled by Maitri Mehta and Brandon Specktor