Police Beat

A man was arrested for disorderly conduct and possession of drug paraphernalia around 3 p.m. Saturday after he harassed customers at The Fat Greek restaurant, 994 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

The man had also reportedly jumped into traffic and thrown his shoes at a car.

Police responded and found the man walking northbound on North Park Avenue with his hands in his pockets, reports stated.

Police told the man to take his hands out of his pockets, but he refused and began yelling at police that he wasn’t going to take his hands out.

The man began walking backward westbound across North Park Avenue and continued to yell at police that his hands were still in his pockets, reports stated.

The man began to try to pull his hands out of his pockets, but strained hard as though he was pulling something large out, reports stated.

The officer pulled out his Taser and ordered the man to take his hands out of his pockets, reports stated.

The man pulled his right hand out and police saw several lighters fall from his pocket, reports stated. They also saw a small, clear glass pipe with black burn marks.

The man threw the pipe onto the street, causing it to shatter, and then put his hand back into his pocket and continued to walk backward, reports stated.

The man continued to try to pull his left hand out as he walked to the stairs that led to the upper area above Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwich restaurant, 749 N. Park Ave., reports stated.

The man stopped and pulled out his left hand, which was holding another glass pipe. He threw the pipe on the ground and it shattered, reports stated.

Police yelled at the man to get on the ground, but the man began waving his arms and repeatedly yelled, “”Fucking Tase me! Fucking Tase me!”” reports stated.

Police continued to tell the man to get on the ground and the man began yelling, “”That’s a fake Taser! That’s a fake Taser!”” reports stated.

The man moved toward police and was shot in the chest with the Taser, reports stated. He immediately fell on the ground and curled into the fetal position.

The man attempted to stand up and was told the Taser would be used again.

As police handcuffed the man and began picking up the pieces of the pipe, the man yelled, “”Look at this guy picking up all the pieces of glass,”” reports stated.

The man then looked at the officer picking up the glass and said, “”Forget about it. It’s just a crack pipe.””

A Jimmy John’s employee told police that the man had walked into the restaurant earlier and said the police had just raped him.

When the employee told the man to leave, he attempted to steal a customer’s sandwich and sunglasses, reports stated.

The man was transported to Pima County Jail and booked, reports stated.

An employee reported finding red liquid splattered all over the inside of the men’s restroom on the first floor of the Medical College Library, 1350 N. Warren Ave., reports stated.

The employee said he went into the restroom at approximately 7:45 p.m. Sunday, reports stated.

A pink mini-skirt and a pair of white socks, both stained with the red liquid, were found in a trashcan inside the restroom, reports stated.

The liquid looked syrupy and sticky and smelled sugary, reports stated.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A $120 CD player and $50 DVD player were stolen from the Leon Levy Cancer Center, 1515 N. Campbell Ave., reports stated.

An employee told police he believed the items were stolen sometime over the weekend and was unsure if the room had been locked.

Police were shown where the CD and DVD players had been stored and saw the cable lock to the DVD player had been cut, reports stated.

The cut cable was placed into property as evidence.

An electrical device malfunctioned around 1 p.m. Monday, causing a fire on the northwest side of Jett’s Wildcat, 501 N. Park Ave., reports stated.

The manager said he was at the gas pumps when he heard a loud explosion and saw the fire. Several other people helped the manager put out the blaze with fire extinguishers, reports stated.

The electrical pole above the device was burnt along with a palm tree, a blue shopping cart, a dumpster and a wooden gate leading to the dumpster, reports stated.

The plastic lid to the dumpster had melted off.

A Tucson Electric Power employee said the malfunction was most likely caused by a bird landing on the electrical device, reports stated.

The damage caused the traffic lights to go out at East Sixth Street and North Park Avenue reports stated.

The electrical pole was repaired and power was restored to the area, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.