Charges dropped against UA football players

Kevin Brost
Kevin Brost / Arizona Daily WIldcat Portraits of football player Fabbians Ebbele and shots of football players fiending over “cookie day”.

Charges stemming from a fight on March 2 involving current and former UA football players have been dropped according to attorney Skip Donau. Donau is the lawyer for Arizona right tackle Fabbians Ebbele and said the charges against all those involved were dropped after the prosecution in the case filed the dismissal of charges on Friday.

Although the judge has not signed the motion yet, Donau said the signing was “just a formality” and that the motion should be signed soon. He said he expects Ebbele to be re-instated with the team.

“I can’t see why not,” Donau said. “There will be no criminal charges pending and no conviction. He’s already been through the U of A process so I’m certain he will be.”

Ebbele along with defensive back Jourdon Grandon and three other Arizona players were arrested and charged after fights broke out at a party near the UA campus. The case against Grandon has also been dropped.

When the judge in the case signs the motion, Ebbele won’t be required to attend his scheduled court appearance on May 17.