Date Book

• Wildcat Pow Wow Society frybread sale. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. UA Mall
  • The Second Annual Cracked Rib Fest. This year’s event will feature trauma survivors and their families. Departments will set up booths showing the parts they play in taking care of trauma patients. Free. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. University Medical Center, front lawn
  • Filipino-American Student Association bake sale. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. UA Mall
  • Bring Balance to Your Schedule. Part of the ATLAS workshop series. 4-5 p.m. Center for Student Involvement and Leadership, Student Union Memorial Center, Room 404
  • Seminar: Life on the Edge: Ecology of Aades Aegypti in the Desert Southwest. Kathleen Walker of the UA entomology department will speak. 4-5 p.m. Marley building, Room 230
  • Book release event. Celebrate the release of photojournalist Linda Solomon’s new book, “”The Keys.”” The book combines black-and-white photos of antique keys with words from celebrated people, including Tucsonans Dr. Andrew Weil and Enid Zuckerman. Proceeds to benefit breast cancer research. 4:30-5:30 p.m. UofA Book store
  • Muslim Students Association Fastathon. 5-9 p.m. Highland Green
  • “”Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.”” Don’t miss it! $3. 7 and 10 p.m. Gallagher Theater
  • UApresents: Poncho Sanchez Latin Jazz Band. The Grammy-winning jazz artist and salsa singer comes to the UA. Call the UApresents box office at 621-3341 for tickets. $38, $25, $15. 7:30 p.m. Centennial Hall
  • Diva La Paz. Tucson’s premier female illusionists take over the Sol Courtyard every October to help raise awareness and celebrate National Coming Out Day. A brief Q-and-A session will follow the performance. Donations to Wingspan will be accepted. 8-10:30 p.m. La Paz Residence Hall