Police Beat

A UA employee saw a man walking out of a side door at the University of Arizona Police Department, 1852 E. First St., the morning of March 9, reports stated.

The employee said she saw the man right before 7 a.m., when she pulled into the UAPD parking lot. She said the man did not look like a UA employee.

The employee said the man looked like a transient. He was carrying a white grocery sack and was smoking a cigarette. The employee said the man had appeared disoriented.

Police checked the surrounding area and did not find the man.

It looked like nothing in the station was missing or had been displaced, reports stated.

An employee’s car keys were stolen the morning of March 9 after she left her car’s passenger-side door open while the car was parked at a meter on East Second Street, reports stated.

The employee said she parked her car around 8:05 a.m. She said she left her keys on the passenger seat and said she left the passenger-side door open.

The employee said she went to the back of her car to get her scooter out and said when she went to get her keys 10 minutes later, the keys were gone.

The employee said she looked all over her car and the area but didn’t find the keys.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A UA employee lost a set of eight keys March 8 near the Sixth Street Parking Garage, 1201 E. Sixth St., reports stated.

The employee told police she last used the keys around 9 a.m. and said she then walked to campus and was in the area around the garage.

The employee said she noticed the keys were missing around 4:30 p.m., reports stated.

A man hit the height restriction bar in the Second Street Parking Garage, 1340 E. Second St., with his van the morning of March 9, reports stated.

The man told police he pulled into the garage around 8 a.m. and said the top of his van hit the bar when he tried to go under it.

The man said the top of his van had several small dents and scratches on it.

The man said he had called Parking and Transportation Services and said someone had come and raised the height bar.

Police measured the man’s van and it was about 6 feet 10 inches. Police did not know at what height the bar had been when the man hit it because it had been raised.

Attempts to contact PTS were unsuccessful, reports stated.

An employee’s $150, red mountain bike was stolen from a compound in Ground Services, 610 N. Vine Ave., on March 8, reports stated.

The employee said he parked the bike around noon and said he didn’t lock it up because he thought it would be safe in the compound.

The employee said he returned around 3:30 p.m. to find his bike gone.

A Parking and Transportation Services employee found a man’s Arizona identification card near Tyndall Avenue Parking Garage, 880 E. Fourth St., the morning of March 8, reports stated.

The employee found the ID around 6:30 a.m.

The owner of ID could not be contacted.

The ID was placed into the property for safekeeping, reports stated.

A black mountain bike was found March 9 at the Main Library, 1510 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

The bike had a basket, a kryptonite cable lock and a U-lock on it.

Neither of the two locks were secured to the bike rack.

Police could not determine the owner of the bike. The bike was placed into property for safekeeping, reports stated.

Two students cut the lock off a bike the night of March 9 near East Second Street and North Park Avenue, reports stated.

Police found the two students around 10 p.m. One of the students said he parked his bike at the rack earlier in the day and said someone had accidentally locked a bike to his bike.

The student said he had waited all day for the person to move the bike.

The student said he was leaving town and didn’t want to leave his bike at the rack.

The student said he and the other student had used a hacksaw to cut the lock. Police told the students that that was considered criminal damage.

The owner of the bike that had been locked to the student’s bike could not be located, and the bike was placed into evidence for safekeeping, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.