Police Beat

A man was arrested for multiple violations near East Speedway Boulevard and North Warren Avenue on Sept. 14.

A custodian at Babcock Residence Hall, 1717 E. Speedway Blvd., called police after seeing someone inside a green 2008 Subaru at the McDonald’s drive-through window throw glass bottles at 2:51 a.m.

An officer stopped behind the car and pulled it over after the passengers completed their order. When the officer approached the driver’s-side door, the officer noticed there were four people in the car, two men and two women.

One of the women began screaming at the officer and demanded to be told why he pulled them over. The officer ignored her and followed the car to a location out of the way of the drive-through.

The officer then identified all four people and told them he was investigating whether bottles were thrown from the car.

The woman continued to voice her displeasure with the officer and threatened to call her attorney.

A records check revealed that one of the men gave a fake name to the officer, so he had to properly identify him. The man had two outstanding misdemeanor warrants.

A different officer then talked to the man, and he could smell alcohol on his breath. His eyes were also watery and bloodshot.

The man told the officer he was 19 years old and that he drank two bottles of Bud Light at a party in the area.

The officer handcuffed the man and transported him to Pima County Jail for providing a fake name, underage drinking and on outstanding Tucson Police Department and Department of Public Safety warrants.

Police were dispatched to a UA parking lot Sept. 14 near Arizona Stadium on a report of a stolen spark plug wire.

A UA Facilities Management custodian told police he parked his 2006 Harley Davidson motorcycle at the beginning of his shift. He added that he regularly parks his bike in the motorcycle spots on the southwest corner of the stadium.

At the end of his shift, he found the chrome coil cover had been removed and tossed aside. One of the two spark plug wires had been stolen, but there were no other damages or stolen items.

The officer asked if anyone was upset with him. He told police that three weeks ago he was in an argument with two other Facilities Management employees. The situation had been resolved in counseling with their respective supervisors.

The man added that when he found his motorcycle, a UA white work truck was parked nearby with three male occupants. When they drove away, the driver said to the man, “”Have a nice day,”” according to reports. The man said that he did not recognize any of the occupants.

Police lifted prints from the chrome coil cover. The man said he would press charges for theft.

A woman reported receiving unwanted, abrasive phone calls from her ex-boyfriend Sept. 14.

She told an officer that on Sept. 13, she was at Counseling and Psychological Services talking to a counselor from 3:25-4:30 p.m. She said that she called her boyfriend during the session to end their relationship at about 3:50 p.m.

She told him the relationship was over and that if he tried to contact her again, she would seek legal action. She asked him if he understood and he said yes and hung up. She then continued with the session.

The woman said that she got three phone calls from him at 4:02 p.m., 4:04 p.m. and 4:17 p.m. She did not answer the calls and let them go to voicemail. The officer asked if any of the messages were threatening, and she said that he left an aggressive message on the second call.

“”If I have a disease, I’m coming after you!”” the message said, according to reports. “”You hear me? I’m coming after you.””

The woman requested the incident be documented.

A man was taken into TPD custody after stealing alcohol from one convenience store and attempting to drink it across the street at another convenience store Sept. 13 around 4:10 p.m.

A University of Arizona Police officer was driving near North Park Avenue and East Speedway Boulevard when a clerk at 7-Eleven, 1750 E. Speedway Blvd., flagged the officer and pointed out a man who had stolen two cans of beer from the store sitting underneath the Circle K ramada across the street.

The employee was on the phone reporting the theft to TPD when the officer arrived. The officer went over to the man and immediately noticed two partially exposed, unopened cans of Sparks in the man’s left shorts pocket, tucked slightly under his T-shirt.

The clerk told the officer that the man approached the counter to buy one of the cans, but he said he did not have enough money. He left the can on the counter and walked out of the store. The clerk saw two other cans in the man’s shorts, so he followed him outside before calling TPD.

The clerk did not want to press charges as long as he got the cans back. He got them back when another officer took them from the man. The officers detained the man until TPD took custody of him, because they were attempting to locate him on another theft charge.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.