Police Beat

A black Ford F-150 was burglarized in Tyndall Avenue Parking Garage, 880 E. Fourth Street, sometime between 9 p.m. March 27 and 1:20 p.m. March 29.

A male student flagged down an officer March 29 and told him his car had been broken into. The student had parked his car on the second level of the garage and led the officer to his damaged vehicle.

The officer said the door locks were “”punched out”” and there were various paint scratches on the left side of the vehicle. The student said there were no scratches on his vehicle before.

The student’s parking permit was stolen, along with his XM satellite radio system and a garage door opener.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

An officer responded to a report of a man bothering people on the fourth floor of the Main Library, 1510 E. University Blvd., at 1:48 a.m. March 30.

A female student approached a library employee and told her that a male student was bothering her and making her feel uncomfortable.

She later told police the man said something like, “”You know, we’re the only ones on this floor.””

Police found the man the student described to her and asked to see his CatCard. The man said he was an astronomy student doing research and that he left his CatCard at home.

The man said he had not intended to make the student uncomfortable. The man said he was using computers to download material, although he would not tell the officer what he was downloading.

A records check showed that the man was not a student and had four outstanding warrants.

The officer searched the man’s computer bag and found a pair of women’s thong underwear, four pornographic magazines and several blank compact discs.

The man was arrested and booked into Pima County Jail and told not to return to the library.

A female student reported that her cell phone, wallet and textbook were stolen from a study room in the Main Library, 1510 E. University Blvd., at 12:25 p.m. March 30.

The student was studying in Room B324 and left her bags unattended to use the restroom. The student said she was gone for a few minutes and somebody had stolen things out of her purse and her backpack.

The student’s small pink wallet, which contained her driver’s license, two credit cards and $25 cash, was stolen. The student’s red Verizon cell phone and organic chemistry book were also stolen from her backpack.

The officer said digital video surveillance was not available at that location of the library.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A female student was charged with extreme DUI near East First Street and North Euclid Avenue at 9:36 p.m. March 30.

Police estimated her vehicle was traveling 45 mph in a 30 mph zone. The officer pulled behind her at the next stoplight and activated his lights.

The student then changed lanes without using a signal and a vehicle in the next lane had to brake quickly in order not to hit the student’s vehicle. The student then pulled into the right-turn lane and stopped abruptly and grinded the gears before she was pulled over.

Police noticed a “”strong odor of intoxicants”” coming from the student’s car.

When police asked the student for her license and registration she just looked at the officer and didn’t do anything.

The officer had to repeat himself multiple times.

The student denied she had been drinking that night but the officer said he could smell the alcohol on her breath.

The student told the officer that she had just left a bar and agreed to perform a sobriety test.

The officer said the student became very emotional and pleaded with officer to let her go. The student told the officer that she “”didn’t need this”” and asked if the officer could “”just drive her home,”” reports stated.

The student was arrested for DUI after failing the field sobriety test.

The student was cited for extreme DUI for having a blood alcohol level of more than 0.15 and was also cited for speeding.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu