GET TO KNOW THE 2018 LINEUP

A-Trak

Alain Macklovitch, better known by his stage name A-Trak, is a Canadian DJ and record producer with his own record label.

A-Trak owns the Fool’s Gold record label, founded in 2007. The label is credited with launching the careers of artists like Kid Cudi and Danny Brown. He’s worked with Kanye West, serving as his personal tour DJ in West’s 2004 tour.

As a teenager, A-Trak was known as a 90s turntable prodigy who brought home a number of DJ titles, including the 1997 DMC World DJ Championship. For the last 10 years, he has been based in New York and then in Los Angeles and has become one of the first blogging DJs. He is known to regularly contribute to the Huffington Post and owns the travel website Infinite Legroom.

He is known for merging rap and electronic sounds through remix work. His work on songs like “Heads Will Roll” has been featured in movies like Project X. 

A-Trak is also part of the DJ duo Duck Sauce alongside Armand Van Helden. The group was nominated for a Grammy in 2012 for their song “Barbra Streisand”. Rolling Stone magazine named him one of the 50 most important people in EDM.

A-Trak will be performing at DUSK Music Festival Saturday, Nov. 10.

AC Slater

AC Slater began his career with a sound: “Night Bass,” which features elements from a variety of house music with the dirty basslines of UK garage music.

Beginning in 2008, AC Slater’s career has been on an upswing since his remix of Turn the Music Up on “Trouble & Bass.” Moby listed it as one of the best tracks of the decade. 

AC Slater has collaborations spanning artists such as Nina Sky and Far East Movement, and his remixes for artists like Big Sean, Moby and Robin S. have been hits.

Slater’s Beatport page reveals over 100 tracks and remixes, with his biggest, the EP Jack Got Jacked, being a best-seller. 

After touring the globe, AC Slater’s music has been played at major festivals and clubs around the world by DJs including Skrillex. 

From the UK’s BBC Radio 1 and Rinse FM to Australia’s Triple J, Slater’s tunes and mixes can regularly be heard on radio stations across the world.  

His crew, Trouble & Bass, and his own record label, Party Like Us, continue to release underground dance music.

Anna Lunoe

Anna Lunoe is an Australian DJ, songwriter and producer who lives in Los Angeles, California. She has performed at music festivals including Coachella, Lollapalooza, Ultra, TomorrowWorld and HARD Summer.

Lunoe became known as one of the best DJs in Sydney, according to her DUSK bio. 

After moving to LA, she established herself as a producer through her debut “Real Talk” collaboration, which held a No. 1 spot on Beatport’s Indie Dance Chart for four months, according to the DUSK website.

In 2014 “Bass Drum Dealer” was picked up by Skrillex for a release on his “Nest imprint.” She also released a Zane Lowe-premiered collaboration with Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs in 2014.

In 2016, Lunoe launched her own touring platform called HYPERHOUSE, which helped curate stages for fans at music festivals such as Holy Ship! and WMC. HYPERHOUSE also worked to put together a 15-city tour, bringing along Sleepy Tom, DJ Sliink, Rezz, Wuki and San Holo.

After a festival run and two months on a U.S. tour with the singer The Weeknd, her second EP, All Out, debuted at No. 4 on the iTunes Dance Chart.

She will perform at DUSK Saturday, Nov. 10.

Jai Wolf

Jai Wolf is a New York-based DJ who is also a record producer with a specialty in electronic music.

His real name is Sajeeb Saha, and his hits songs include “Indian Summer” and “Like It’s Over.”  

Originally, he went by the stage name No Pets Allowed when he first started making music in 2011, but changed his name to Jai Wolf in 2014. 

His hit single “Indian Summer,” which released in 2015, reached the No. 1 spot on Spotify, making it the most-listened song on the entire music streaming platform.  

With 55.9 thousand followers on Instagram and 1,731,458 monthly listeners on Spotify, Jai Wolf is making a dent in the music industry. He is currently signed with Mom + Pop Music.   

He has performed at numerous music festivals including Coachella last year. 

Jai Wolf will perform at DUSK Sunday, Nov. 11.

Big Gigantic

Based in Boulder, Colorado, electronic-music-based musicians Dominic Lalli and Jeremy Salken formed an electronic group named Big Gigantic. 

Crossing over several styles of music from hip-hop and jazz to funk and dubstep, this group has established a name for themselves since their beginning in 2008.

They’ve performed on world-wide stages such as Lollapalooza, Coachella, Bonnaroo and Electric Forest. 

Blending live music to electronic beats is what makes Big Gigantic’s sound so unique. With Lalli being a saxophonist and producer and Salken a drummer, the two have merged these two different sounds to create a type of music all their own.

Big Gigantic’s music reaches all parts of the world, in more ways than just festivals and concerts. The duo has founded a non-profit organization called A Big Gigantic Difference Foundation where the two have donated food, supplies and money to those in need. 

From small local shows to big stages, Big Gigantic has travelled the world on tour, selling out most of their shows. 

The band’s discography currently consists of five albums. Their latest album, Brighter Future, was released in 2016. Some of their biggest hit songs include “All of Me,” “Get On Up,” and “The Little Things” featuring Angela McCluskey. 

The duo’s music has reached many and donation efforts make Big Gigantic a popular group. 

Big Gigantic will be performing at DUSK Sunday, Nov. 11. 

Madeaux

Madeaux is a producer and DJ raised in Miami and currently living in Los Angeles. His sound is based in warehouse techno, dark electronics and experimental hip-hop, all of which make an appearance on his debut LP Burn. He recently released his newest EP, LIMBO. 

According to his website, LIMBO, named after his traveling residency, has only three tracks, all written, produced, sung and engineered by Madeaux, putting the focus soley on the DJ’s abilities. 

Madeaux is signed to Fool’s Gold Records and has had a noticeable impact on the North American dance music sound, according to the DUSK website.

Madeaux will perform at DUSK Saturday, Nov. 10.

Falcons

Los Angeles producer and DJ Falcons works with hip-hop, rhythm and blues and electronic dance music.

Falcons’ first EP, Terra, was released on Fool’s Gold Records. In it, the producer shows off both radio songs and underground club tunes, according to the DUSK website.  

He received positive reviews from The Fader, XXL Mag, Mass Appeal and Complex and has also been on radio stations like BBC Radio 1, Beats 1 and Rinse FM. 

Falcons’ lead single, “Aquafina,” featuring GoldLink, reached over 1 million streams and gained support from artists like Q-Tip, Virgil Abloh and A-Trak. 

Falcons has toured across North America, Asia, Europe and Australia, along with performances at Boiler Room and Coachella.

Falcons will perform at DUSK Sunday, Nov. 11.

Cherub

The electro-indie duo composed of Jordan Kelley and Jason Huber are the friends behind the band CHERUB. 

Both Kelley and Huber are from Nashville and started their band in 2010. Their rise as a band was very clear in 2014, when their song “Doses and Mimosas” charted No. 43 on Billboard’s Rock Airplay Chart and No. 23 on the Alternative Songs chart. 

Doses and Mimosas reached 20 million views on YouTube, and their 2016 studio album Bleed Gold, Piss Excellence resulted in a North American tour with 50 dates. 

The band continues on their road to success, and in 2017 they joined a two-month, co-headline tour, the “Your Girlfriend Already bought Tickets Tour,” with the band known as Floozies. 

The band earned their way to the top by starting by performing gig after gig at clubs, frats and rave-ish EDM events. 

CHERUB is much more than a party band, although that is the music they mostly focus on, they also create music that they want people to connect to. 

In 2018 they released four singles: “All In,” “Dancing Shoes,” “Body Language” and “Want That.”  Performing at the DUSK Music Festival is just one of their stops in their Free Form Tour in the United States. They will perform at DUSK Sunday, Nov. 11.

Mother Tierra 

Mother Tierra, also known as Tierra Owens, is a Tucson-based DJ, producer and musician. Defining her music as a range of genres, from house music to dancehall reggae, she has several hits on Soundcloud. 

Besides music, Mother Tierra also has a fashion line that she presents at several fashion shows throughout Arizona. 

Preforming mainly at local bars and venues, Mother Tierra focuses on her DJ jobs as well as music production. She is one of a several local artists that will be performing at DUSK and her music can be found on her Facebook page or on her SoundCloud page. 

She will be on stage at DUSK Sunday, Nov. 11. 

Cold War Kids

Cold War Kids, formed in 2004, is an American indie rock band from Long Beach, California. 

Soon after band members Nathan Willett and Matt Maust met in college, they bonded over the Blur album 13, according to the DUSK Music Festival website. 

After making their way through the Southern Californian scene, the band signed with Downtown/V2 and released the album Robbers & Cowards in 2006 to major critical praise.

Current band members are Willett on vocals, piano and guitar; Maust on bass guitar; David Quon on guitar and backing vocals; Matthew Schwartz on keyboards, backing vocals, guitar and percussion; and Joe Plummer on drums and percussion.

2008’s Loyalty to Loyalty and 2011’s Mine Is Yours developed a different musical sound and lyrical content to mixed reviews, according to the DUSK website. 

In 2013 the band released their fourth album, Dear Miss Lonelyhearts. They then released their fifth album, Hold My Home, in 2014 and their latest album, L.A. Divine, was released April 7, 2017.

Maust said in an interview with DUSK that he doesn’t get “burnt out” on his own songs, because over time they come to mean different things to him than when they were first written. 

Cold War Kids will perform at DUSK on Saturday, Nov. 10.

Kyle

KYLE, who was born Kyle Thomas Harvey, is a chart-topping artist. His most popular song is “iSpy”, featuring Lil Yachty, which has over 265 million views on YouTube.

KYLE is a pop-rap and hip-hop artist, has been creating music since elementary school and has now worked with artists like Kehlani, Chance the Rapper, G-Eazy and Ty Dolla $ign.

Born in Northridge, California KYLE went to Ventura High School. He was a part of the Ventura drama program, which he said helped him to raise his confidence. 

He also released his first songs while still in high school using his aunt’s computer and the PreSonus Studio One software, according to his website. 

In 2017 KYLE signed with Atlantic Records and in 2018 he released his debut album Light of Mine. The album debuted at 29 on the Billboard 200 chart. KYLE is a triple threat as not only a singer and songwriter, but also an actor, and in August 2018 the Netflix original movie The After Party was released, starring him as the main character. 

KYLE has also released songs like “Playinwitme” featuring Kehlani and “Moment” featuring Wiz Khalifa. 

KYLE will perfrom at DUSK Sunday, Nov. 11.

Sur Block

Sur Block is a five-piece band from Tucson, Arizona, that works with Western rock and dark synth-pop anthems.

The band is made up of Tucson natives and members of the Pascua Yaqui nation, lead by Alyssa Sandoval, whose voice “moves from a purr to an impassioned wail,” according to Tucson Weekly. 

According to their website, the lyrics are written by guitar and synthesizer player Peter “Pops” Yucupicio. Their songs tackle heavy subjects like heartbreak and addiction. His personal stories draw from life in Tucson, where he resides and writes all of his material. 

The 2017 single “Gucci Tape” from Sur Block’s self-titled EP features Sandoval counting to five in the native Yaqui language, like a Sonoran power ballad.

Sur Block has been performing for more than three years, and has performed at the historic Hotel Congress and Rialto Theatre. They are currently working on their second EP.

They will perform at DUSK Saturday, Nov. 10.

Follow Daily Wildcat on Twitter