Online shopping offers students hidden gems

With tuition rises and surprise fees from the UA, there is always an emphasis on finding the best deal. Shopping for good quality clothing at an affordable price is hard to come by, but there are some great deals that many people are unaware about. These great deals lie in the world of online shopping. While there are a number of Web sites that have sales, here are the best bargains you can find while shopping for clothes on the World Wide Web.

Ideeli.com

Ideeli.com is a members-only women’s shopping community. It offers sought-after brands in fashion, beauty, and home. The items are all up to 80 percent off their original prices. They have new brands and designers featured each day, lasting for 36 hours. Designers and brands include Calvin Klein, Free People and bcbg dresses at affordable prices. A bcbg dress that retails for $238 will be marked down to only $67. Since it is members-only, interested people can go to their Web site and enter their e-mail to be picked as a member.

PROS: Quality, amount of money saved on designer clothing

CONS: Members-only, some prices can still be too expensive

Gilt.com

Gilt.com is also a members-only shopping community, but for men. This Web site offers designer suits, shoes and accessories at marked down prices. Featured designers include Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Burberry and Marc by Marc Jacobs. Being that it is a members-only community, interested men can be put on their waiting list.

PROS: Hard-to-find designer clothing, percentage off makes prices reasonable, has every piece of clothing available (shoes, accessories, clothes, etc.)

CONS: Member-only, even after a discount prices can still be unreasonable

Etsy.com

Etsy.com is an online community to buy and sell handmade items. The Web site has a varying amount of items that would appeal to anyone. A great perk about etsy.com is the prices. If you are looking to buy a quick birthday or Valentine’s Day present, this is your place. Its search engine will bring up an excessive amount of items that would appeal to what you are looking for. They sell almost everything you could look for, from rings to stickers for your laptop. It is the perfect place to find original pieces that you can’t find in the stores.

PROS: Cheap, huge selection of items, quick delivery

CONS: Quality can be hit or miss