Final: No. 3 Oregon takes down No. 8 Arizona 51-13 to win Pac-12 Championship

Arizona wide receiver Spencer Marciniak (25) attempts to deter Oregon wide receiver Darren Carrington (87) as he catches a touchdown pass during Arizona’s 51-13 loss to Oregon in the Pac-12 Conference Championship game at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.

SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Oregon finally solved its “Arizona problem” by beating UA football 51-13 in the Pac-12 Championship Game, snapping a two-game losing streak to the Wildcats.

Arizona struggled offensively, picking up six straight three and outs and one point, seven total, punted 10 times, turned the ball over on downs twice and threw an interception. Initially, the Wildcat defense allowed just six points over a quarter-and-a-half, but eventually, the floodgates opened.

The UA tallied 224 yards of total offense, compared to 617 for Oregon.

Arizona quarterback Anu Solomon was 6-for-12 for 34 yards passing before missing the second half. Backup Jesse Scroggins was 3-for-9 for 79 yards, and had one touchdown and one interception, and ran for 19 yards on three carries. Third-string quarterback Jerrard Randall was 0-for-5 passing and ran for 74 yards on 11 carries and a touchdown.

UA running back Nick Wilson ran for 26 yards on 13 carries.

Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota was 25-for-38 passing for 303 yards and two touchdowns. He ran for 33 yards on 10 carries and three touchdowns.

Key plays

Fourth quarter

-UO RB Kenny Bassett ran for a 19-yard touchdown with 4:12 left

Third quarter

-About five minutes into the half, UO WR Devon Allen caught a 4-yard touchdown pass

-On the next drive, the UA responded with a 69-yard touchdown pass to WR Cayleb Jones

-With about eight minutes left in the quarter, WR Darren Carrington caught an 11-yard touchdown pass

-Mariota ran for a one-yard touchdown pass with 4:54 left in the quarter

Second quarter

-Mariota ran for a seven-yard touchdown with 7:27 left in the first half

-Mariota ran for a four-yard touchdown with 1:34 left in the first half

-The Ducks kicked a 31-yard field goal as the half ended to up the lead to 23-0

First quarter

-Oregon kicked a 34-yard field on their first drive

-UA KR Tyrell Johnson fumbled the kick off, and Oregon kicked a 22-yard field goal

Check back with us later tonight for a full recap of tonight’s action and an analysis column.