“Oh no, you didn’t: on campus faux pas”

Fashion Facts this week headed out on campus in stealth mode, seeking out the worst fashions we could find. To begin, students were not that unstylish. There were lab coats, plaid bottoms and a large amount of sagging ‘Cats basketball shorts. There were also some great outfits, so props to UA students! We were surprised at how hard it was to search for a true fashion faux pas. As a disclaimer, Fashion Facts is in no way making fun of our subjects, for they might in fact be fashionable people – just not this week.

Going barefoot is perfectly OK indoors. But on campus? Isn’t it dirty? Shoes are not just a fashion must, they are actually safe. Come on, wouldn’t little red ants bite your toes?C-

Stripes are OK on shirts, but pants? Terrycloth pants? It’s just hard to imagine pairing orange and yellow striped pants with anything but pajamas. This person chooses to pair it with a red-and-white-checkered blouse – yikes! There is just a little too much going on there.D

Wearing swim trunks to class, in October, is quite possibly one of the worst fashion faux pas ever. First of all, unless you are enrolled in a swim class here at the UA, wearing board shorts should not happen. Second, this kid even matched his swimsuit to his yellow shoes, further implicating it was not an accident that he put on his board shorts.D-

There are few things about scooter girl that make her a fashion faux pas. Wearing a furry zip-up hoodie with a mini-skirt is a little over the top. Pick a season and stick with it. Also, Rocket Dog sandals are way too hard to walk in, let alone wear while riding a motorized vehicle. The scooter, however, is totally awesome.F