“From Givenchy to Target, the shade’s on in Tucson”

Tom Cruise rocked the Ray Ban Wayfarers in “”Risky Business.”” Jackie O turned black plastic frames into a chic eyewear classic. And we all know what Nicole Ritchie and the Olsen twins did for oversized shades.

But from aviator to cat-eye frames, it turns out shopping for sunglasses can be even more daunting than finding a pair of jeans that fits your body just right.

“”Some people can try on three pairs and know immediately what’s right for them,”” said Kyle Kelly, a sales associate for Sunglass Hut.

Others, Kelly notes, are more selective, and find it frustrating to search for a suitable pair. Choosing the right sunglasses can be much easier, however, by looking for the right frame shape.

“”You want to look for a shape that contrasts with your face,”” said Weldon Farrell, who works with customers to find frames at the Sunglass Hut in La Encantada Mall. “”So, for example, if you have a round face, pick sunglasses that are square.””

The same rule applies for the opposite face shape.

“”If your face is long and thin, balance it with thick frames,”” Kelly said.

Not sure what your face shape is? Don’t worry.

“”Usually men like to stick to wrap-style sunglasses, which offer more coverage and are more functional,”” Farrell said.

Women should look for slightly oversized, round frames like Tom Ford’s “”Fiona”” style, or aviators like Oliver People’s “”Benedict”” style.

Round frames tend to be universally flattering, while aviators are suitable for both guys and girls.

“”I always pick aviators,”” said undeclared freshman Ellie Oligmueller. “”Sometimes I might get a different color or style, but I always go back to aviators since I know they will look good on me.””

While some can drop hundreds of dollars on a new pair of shades they’ll keep for years, others buy cheaper sunglasses more frequently to keep up with the style du jour.

“”I just bought these aqua-colored ones at Urban Outfitters,”” said freshman Bailey Zygutis of the whimsical, flower-emblazoned sunglasses that only set her back about $20.

Back at Sunglass Hut, Kelly has found girls have no problem spending more for a pair of high-end shades.

“”Chanel is definitely the most popular right now,”” he said of the shades that can run upwards of $400, depending on the style.

“”Fashion sunglasses are still huge though,”” Farrell said of popular designer brands like Chanel, Dior and Marc Jacobs. “”Right now, we’ve been selling a ton of the colored Wayfarers.””

Ray Ban’s popular style is currently available in 12 color combinations, including rose, green, grey, red, pink and purple. Farrell attributes the increase in colored-frames sales to women: “”Guys still like to stick to the original tortoise or shiny black,”” he said.

Terrell Turner, a sociology junior, chose to deviate from the typical guy look.

“”My friend and I went to Ed Hardy looking for a pair. He got the ‘Sheriff’ edition, but I liked these since they had rhinestones on the sides and across the top,”” Turner said, pointing out the stems encrusted with hundreds of Swarovski crystals.

Between embellished, blingin’ shades like Turner’s and classic tortoiseshell frames, there’s bound to be a perfect pair for everyone.