A pre-Halloween party to dwarf all others

Looking for a horrifically good time? Look no further than Club Congress’ eighth annual “”Nightmare on Congress Street.”” The event promises to be a night of music and mayhem unmatched in Tucson.

“”Typically it’s the weirdest party around,”” said David Slutes, Hotel Congress entertainment director.

There will be all sorts of things, from comedy to a routine of blood to a Jell-o pool with an authentic senior lucha libre wrestler.

David Slutes, entertainment director, Club Congress

One indoor and one outdoor stage dedicated entirely to live band, he said. The stages will showcase an eclectic mix of groups, including punk rock band Chango Malo, ska band The Jons and alternative group Greyhound Soul.

There will also be a second outdoor stage featuring the freak side-show act “”Thrillhouse,”” which will demonstrate performance acts and urge audience participation.

“”There will be all sorts of things, from comedy to a routine of blood to a Jell-o pool with an authentic senior lucha libre wrestler,”” Slutes said.

Everyone attending is encouraged to dress up in their most thrilling costumes, as outfit contests and giveaways will be going on throughout the night.

With the turnout expected to reach about 1,500 people, Slutes recommends that partygoers buy their tickets in advance from Ticketweb.com and arrive early.

“”Nightmare on Congress Street”” will go from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. at Hotel Congress, 311 E. Congress St. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door. The event is for ages 21 and over.