“NCSO arrests husband, wife and recovers stolen property”

A husband and wife were arrested and at least $25,000 of stolen property recovered when NCSO officers responded to a tip off in Angus on Friday.

Richard Wiesy, 34, was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana, under two ounces at the couple’s home on SWCR 0020. His wife Brandi Wiesy, 31, was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana under two ounces, possession of a controlled substance under 28 grams, and on an outstanding warrant for theft of property over $20 and under$500 of value.

Officers spent most of the day at the scene, identifying a 2003 Dodge 1500 Pickup that was reported stolen in Fort Worth and a four-wheeler that was reported stolen by theHenderson County Sheriff’s Office, said Captain Elmer Tanner of the NCSO Criminal Investigations Division on Monday.

Also discovered were a utility trailer and a Kubota zero turn lawn mower reported stolen by the NCSO, an X-Box reported stolen by CPD and a laptop that was reported stolen by theCanton Police Department.

“”It’s always a rewarding experience to retrieve stolen property and unite persons who have been victims of crime back with their property. Some of these cases, this property was stolen back in 2009 and I am sure that the people never thought they would see their property again,”” Tanner said.

“”I am proud of the officers that were involved in the investigation and in the diligence they showed in actually identifying some of these parcels of stolen property. When you go to a location like that and you retrieve such stolen property at one time, recovered from four separate agencies, then that’s a pretty good day.””

The couple were arraigned Saturday by Precinct 3 JP Jackie Freeland and released on bail of $4,500 for Brandi and $1,500 for Richard. They will face later sentencing at the Navarro County Court with Brandi facing Class A and Class B misdemeanor charges and Richard facing Class B misdemeanor related charges.

NCSO officers were assisted by Sergeant Mark Nanny of the Corsicana Police Department and an auto theft officer from the DPS whose name was not revealed.

“”(The property) will be going back to the interim agencies. Some of the owners have already retrieved their property and the investigation continues as to who perpetrated the thefts,”” Tanner added.

“”At this point in time we are pursuing leads with regards to potential suspects in regards to these thefts.””