Meet your columnists

Dunja Nedic  is an Australian exchange student oscillating between psychology and creative writing for her major. She is determined to never write a self-help book, but recognizes that it would be a fitting way to merge her interests.

Daniel Sotelo is a fourth-year student looking forward to his (hopefully) last year in Tucson. Originally from Northern California where he hopes to return for law school, he has unfortunately grown accustomed to the proliferation of cacti and the color brown. He can write about any legal or political issue, doesn’t shy away from controversy and wants to hear from as many readers as possible, especially from those who disagree with him.

Arianna Carter is a junior majoring in creative writing. She enjoys discussing issues of sexuality, race and human decency. After graduation, she

plans to be poor and live in a box while writing novels.

Tiffany Kimmell is a senior majoring in journalism. Four years ago she came to the UA and took part in something she never would have expected to become a part of: a sorority. Her first-ever published article, “”Curse of the White Lighter,”” went to press in the July issue of a national magazine called High Times. She still doesn’t know if she should put that on her resume.

Remy Albillar is a junior and an English major. He enjoys writing about the rhetoric of pop culture, as well as exploring and analyzing the minutia of everyday life. After graduation, he hopes to publish his memoirs, titled “”The Ol’ Bait and Switch, An Erotic Tale: The Remy Albillar Story””.

Chris Ward is an English major born in Tucson, a mere 1,800 miles from Oak Park, Ill. — the birth place of Hemingway.  His novel, a work in progress, is going to bring the little-explored and oft-neglected world of wizards, vampires and werewolves to the forefront of modern literature.  

Gabriel Matthew Schivone is a junior majoring in art, literature, and media studies. He is currently a student volunteer with local human rights group No More Deaths/No Mas Muertes, an active member of student group Voices of Opposition Monday Night Film & Lecture Series, as well as the UA chapters of Students for Justice in Palestine and Amnesty International.

James Carpenter is a senior in English and Linguistics. He enjoys adolescent angst music and confessional poetry. Also, he’s interested in the intersection between eastern and western philosophies, language, religions or cultures in general.

Samantha Luvisi is a senior majoring in journalism and political science. As opinions editor, she encourages getting angry over things and then contacting her.