Police Beat

A witness reported a conversation that he thought was about drugs outside Cochise Residence Hall, 1018 E. South Campus Drive, at 10:25 p.m. Oct. 28, reports stated.

The reporting party told police he overheard a person say, “”No I don’t have any, I ran out, but I’m going to a party tonight. I could get some for you, give me some money.””

The man told police the person he overheard was a known cocaine user and he wanted to report the conversation because of past instances.

Police determined that allegations of the conversations pertaining to drug use could not be confirmed and no crime had occurred. The reporting party was advised that he should not confront the person.

Police did not require any follow-up at the time of the report.

A student was diverted to the Dean of Students Office for underage drinking after a resident assistant found him vomiting in the shared restroom of Graham-Greenlee Residence Hall, 610 N. Highland Ave., Oct. 28, reports stated.

At 2:51 a.m. the student’s RA heard him vomiting in the restroom. The student would not tell the RA why he was sick and returned to his room.

When police arrived, there was no noise coming from the student’s room. Police knocked on the door three times and announced vocally they were at the door. After two to three minutes, the RA used a master key to enter the room.

The subject sat up in bed and asked the officer what was wrong. Police told the student they were checking on him. The student confirmed that he was sick earlier but was feeling better.

Police advised the student that he could be arrested for underage drinking but was instead going to be diverted to the Dean of Students Office. The student said he understood and that he was going to go back to bed.

Police left the room and secured the door for the student.

An intoxicated female student was diverted to the Dean of Students Office after police found her in the University Medical Center Emergency Room, 1501 N. Campbell Ave., at 10 p.m. Oct. 27, reports stated. The student was taken to UMC after she arrived at a friend’s house drunk. The friend said he called an ambulance and rode with her to the hospital.

Medics had to assist the woman in breathing because she stopped breathing on her own. On arrival, her blood alcohol level was .409.

Police found the woman while checking with UMC staff to see if any students had been transported without police knowledge.

When police returned to check on the student at 11:30 a.m. Oct. 28, she was awake and breathing on her own. Her mother had flown in from California to be by her side.

A UA employee found a spent bullet in the east stairwell of the Nugent building, 1212 E. University Blvd., Oct. 28, reports stated.

A locksmith was working on the east basement door and said he found the bullet as he was picking up tools off the ground.

The bullet was flattened, and police could not identify the caliber.

Police found no damage or other bullets in the area and a search of records yielded no reports of gunfire near the building.

A woman reported a bike in the process of being stolen from the southwest bike rack of Graham-Greenlee Residence Hall, 610 N. Highland Ave., at 4:34 p.m. Oct. 28, reports stated.

The woman said she saw a man cut through a cable lock and some packing tape that was on the bike with a 4- to 6-inch blade. She said she would be able to identify the man again.

The man carried the silver mountain bike south on North Highland Avenue because the tires were not operating. Police notified local bike shops of the man and the bike’s descriptions.

There was no victim in this case at the time of the report.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu