Soldiers charged with stabbing Barstow man

Two soldiers from Fort Irwin suspected to be members of the Vagos motorcycle gang were arrested Monday night after allegedly stabbing a Barstow resident during a bar fight.

According to a Barstow Police department report, officers received a call Monday around 10:54 p.m. about a fight at Mollie’s Pub on the 1300 block of East Main Street. When officers arrived on scene, they discovered that a 49-year-old Barstow man had been stabbed twice during the fight.

The victim was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, where he underwent emergency surgery and was listed in serious but stable condition, according to police.

Officers discovered during their interviews with witnesses that the two suspects left the scene on motorcycles and were thought to be members of the Vagos motorcycle gang. Witnesses also said they thought the two men were military personnel who may have been headed to Fort Irwin, according to police.

An officer discovered two men matching the suspect’s descriptions stopped on the side of Irwin Road near Old Highway 58, according to police. The two men continued traveling north and were then stopped near Irwin Road and Fort Irwin Road.

Barstow Police officers then arrested the two men — Army Capt. David Moore, 35, and Army 1st Sgt. Richard Rivero, 39 — on suspicion of attempted homicide. Officers also discovered evidence on Moore that confirmed his involvement with the Vagos motorcycle gang, according to police.

Moore and Rivero remain at the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s jail in Barstow in lieu of $1 million bail.