Date book

CAMPUS EVENTS / LECTURES

• Asthma Education Class. Free class for students looking to manage their asthma and improve their quality of life. Learn about the physiology of asthma, medications, holding chambers, peak flow meters, asthma care plans and triggers. Taught by a physician and pharmacist. 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Campus Health Service. Highland Commons building, B307
  • Workshop. Career fair preparation. Career Fairs represent an opportunity to meet face-to-face with many potential employers in a short time. Learn how to make the best of every career fair you attend. No sign-up required. Noon. Student Union Memorial Center, Room 411
  • Math workshop. “”Program in Applied Mathematics Analysis and its Applications Seminar: On Green’s Theorem and Caughy’s Theorem,”” a talk by Marty Greenlee, department of mathematics. 12:30 p.m. Mathematics building, Room 402
  • Discussion. Ron Terpening will be reading and discussing his latest suspense novel, “”Tropic of Fear.”” This one revolves around two Americans in Paraguay – Diane Lang, a professor of German from Yale, and Walter Stanek, a hydrogeologist from Arizona – who get caught up in the chaos of revolution and struggle to survive while forced to play a pivotal role in a plot to overthrow the government of Gen. Enrique Zancon. Noon. SUMC, UofA Bookstores
  • Career workshop. What can you do with your major? What career options are open to you? Learn about information that will help you explore your skills and interests and offer some suggested careers. No sign-up required. 1:30 p.m. SUMC, Room 411
  • Writing Workshop. Joe Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss “”Integrating Sources: Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing.”” This lecture is part of a free semester-long series of workshops held every Tuesday. 4 p.m. Psychology building, Room 205
  • Lecture. Faculty Community Lecture Series: Dancing with the Pipe Organ. Dr. Pamela Decker will present on “”Dancing with the Pipe Organ: An Ancient Instrument Does the Tango.”” This is an organ lecture/demonstration. 7 p.m. School of Music, Holsclaw Hall

ENTERTAINMENT

• Art. “”Metamorphic Expressions.”” The prints and paintings of Ernesto A. Trujillo. 10 a.m.-noon. SUMC, Union Gallery

• Games. Table tennis at 6 p.m. and pool at 7 p.m. $3. SUMC, Wilbur’s Underground, Games Room
  • Comedy. Come watch the Charles Darwin Experience provide entertaining improvisational comedy. This free one-hour show is sure to make you laugh and was listed in the Arizona Daily Wildcat last year as one of the hidden gems on campus. 10:15 p.m. SUMC, Wilbur’s Underground, Cellar