Quick Hits

Women’s lacrosse to hold carwash

This Saturday the Lady Laxcats will be holding a carwash to raise funds.

The women’s lacrosse team’s carwash will be from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Go-Go Mart, located on the corner of East Broadway Boulevard and North Plumer Avenue.

Donations will be accepted and members of the team will wash cars.

The Lady Laxcats ended their season April 15 with a tough loss to Arizona State University and are preparing for next season.

Poetry Center to hold award ceremony

The UA Poetry Center, an area of special emphasis in the College of Humanities, presents the seventh annual Statewide Bilingual Corrido Contest for high school students and annual UA Student Poetry Contest winners.

Winning poems and corridos will be featured at the UA Contest Awards presentation and reading tomorrow at 3 p.m. in the auditorium of the Center for Creative Photography, 1030 N. Olive Road.

The event is free and open to the public, and an informal reception will follow. Parking is available in the Park Avenue Parking Garage, 1140 N. Park Ave.

Call 626-PARK for parking fees.

School of Theatre Arts presents one-act plays this weekend

The UA School of Theatre Arts is holding a play festival this weekend.

The “”One-Act Play Festival”” started yesterday and continues until tomorrow. Block 2 of the festival is tonight and includes “”La Llorona Llora,”” “”Penguin Blues,”” “”Los Vendidos”” and “”Time Flies.””

Tomorrow is Block 3, featuring “”Talk to Me Like the Rain and Let Me Listen,”” “”Present Tense,”” “”Little Miss Fresno”” and “”Variations on the Death of Trotsky.””

The performances will begin at 8 p.m. in the Marroney Theatre. General admission is $4.