Date Book

Campus Events

• Seminar. “”Roles of Memory Mechanisms in Sensory Processing.”” Gary Rose, professor of behavioral neurobiology at the University of Utah, will use examples from the anuran auditory system to demonstrate how memory mechanisms are integral to creating filters of temporal information. Noon. Free. Gould-Simpson building, Room 601
  • Lecture. “”Swimming Upstream: Anthropology and Social Development in the World Bank”” will explore recent trends and analytical tools in the role of social development in the World Bank within the context of the evolution of the institution and consider their implications for the application of social science. Free. 3 p.m. Marshall building, Room 490
  • Workshop. “”Style: Making Your Writing Complete and Concise.”” Victoria Stefani, senior instructional specialist for the Writing Skills Improvement Program, will discuss style in writing. This lecture is part of a free semester-long series of workshops held every Monday. Free. 5 p.m. Modern Languages building, Room 410
  • Film. The Africana Studies department will show a film about three British citizens and their imprisonment in Guantanamo Bay to shed light on U.S. policies on imprisonment and torture. Free. 7 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building,
    Room S202
  • Israelpalooza. As part of the UA Hillel Foundation’s “”Israel Week”” to increase awareness and knowledge of Israel, stands will be on the UA Mall representing every major city in Israel with activities and food. 10 a.m.
    UA Mall
  • Entertainment

• Recital. UA assistant professor and mezzo soprano Kristin Dauphinais and Arizona State University faculty artist Andrew Campbell will perform classic and contemporary pieces ranging from Tchaikovsky to Handel. Free. 7:30 p.m. Music building, Crowder Hall
  • Unlimited pool The Student Union Memorial Center is hosting an unlimited-pool night at a discount. $4. 8 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Games Room
  • “”Romeo and Juliet.”” Arizona Repertory Theatre will perform William Shakespeare’s classic “”Romeo and Juliet.”” $17-$26. 7:30 p.m. Marroney Theatre