Police Beat

A green mountain bike was stolen from outside the Marley building, 1145 E. Fourth St., Jan. 14.

A man secured his bike in a rack on the east side of the building, returning later to discover both his bike and cable lock stolen.

The man was unable to provide a serial number for his bike.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

An officer pulled over a vehicle with suspicious plates traveling south on North Campbell Avenue near East Speedway Boulevard Jan. 14.

A records check on the plate showed the driver’s license was suspended. After being pulled over, the driver said he was in the process of buying the vehicle.

The driver had failed to appeal his license’s suspension. The driver was cited and released, and the vehicle

was impounded.

An officer responded to the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house, 1420 N. Vine St., Jan. 13 to assist with a reported burglary.

When the officer arrived, he met with two other officers at the scene. The first officer received information about a series of burglaries that occurred over the holiday break.

The fraternity house was secured with crime scene tape to restrict access, and all of the residents were escorted to their rooms to get a theft report.

One resident reported a gray-colored flat-screen TV stolen. He said the TV was in storage in the room next door and was given to him as a gift.

He was unable to give a brand name or serial number for the television.

He was issued victims’ rights at the scene.

An officer responded to a shoplifting at the UofA Bookstore, 1209 E. University Blvd., Jan. 11.

An employee told him there was a male suspect downstairs in the security offices. There, the officer met with two employees who said they saw, through a security camera, the suspect putting pens into his pocket and attempting to leave the store.

The man said he did not want to wait in the cashier line to pay for the pens. Both pens were returned.

The man was cited and released for shoplifting. The bookstore gave him a warning for trespassing.