Fashion: Tarantino’s fall collection sparkles at Zoe

Tarina Tarantinos fall line is more bejeweled than a kid with a bedazzler. Some of the hot items at the trunk show included bold, dangly earrings, Barbie and Bambino paraphenalia and crystal-encrusted peace signs and crosses. Its really edgy, and its also really glam, creative writing senior Ivy Knipe said of Tarantinos designs.
    Tarina Tarantino’s fall line is more bejeweled than a kid with a bedazzler. Some of the hot items at the trunk show included bold, dangly earrings, Barbie and Bambino paraphenalia and crystal-encrusted peace signs and crosses. “”It’s really edgy, and it’s also really glam,”” creative writing senior Ivy Knipe said of Tarantino’s designs.

Zoe Boutique was puttin’ on the glitz Thursday night, popping champagne and offering sweet treats for a Tarina Tarantino Trunk Show, showcasing the designer’s fall 2008 collection.

Tarantino’s jewelry line, a favorite of celebrities such as Paris Hilton, Hilary Duff and Jennifer Lopez, is known for its eclectic blend of Swarovski crystals and Lucite beads, but most will recognize Tarantino’s lines featuring pop culture icons Barbie, Hello Kitty and Kidrobot.

Zoe Boutique owner Lissa Marinaro, a UA alumna who has owned the store for eight years, saw the show as a unique way for customers to see more of Tarantino’s line.

“”We normally sell her stuff, but usually just a shelf,”” Marinaro said. “”We did the trunk show so that people would know we are here, and they get to see a bunch of stuff we don’t normally carry.””

Themes gracing the fall line are the Wizard of Oz, vintage Barbie and Bambino, a jewelry collection marketed toward toddlers.

“”A lot of people like the new animated line – it’s the Wizard of Oz. I really like the Wicked Witch,”” said Ivy Knipe, a Zoe employee and creative writing senior. “”It’s kind of edgy, and it’s also really glam.””

Angelica Duenas, a business sophomore, knew of Tarantino’s line before visiting Zoe.

“”I have a lot of her jewelry,”” Duenas said, pointing to a jewel-encrusted cross she already owns.

Retail consumer science senior Ashley Simmers found herself torn among all the glittering pieces offered at the show.

“”It’s like costume jewelry you wear as a kid, only now you can get away with it, because it’s a bit more sophisticated,”” Simmers said, her eye on a shelf of sparkling crystal bracelets.

Apart from the extra inventory shipped in for the show, customers could special order pieces from the fall collection that were not available. Those who missed the trunk show can still check out the jewelry online at www.tarinatarantino.com.