Take it off: There’s lingerie for every woman

Fresh out of the shower, steam still rising from her skin, a socialite preparing for the evening’s festivities might reach into a drawer stuffed with sexy little things by various lingerie designers. For the dedicated fashionista, it should be standard that even her undergarments match. For the rest of us, lingerie should simply be a way to feel sexy and confident.

When it comes to big spenders and the daring, a popular high-end brand, Agent Provocateur, incorporates a tailor-made fusion of S&M and feminine pieces to spice up your average bra-and-seamless-panties collection wasting away in an old armoire.

The brand’s undergarments manipulate the lines of the body by juxtaposing delicate lace with lustrous leather, showing the kinkier side of fashion in its new spring collection.

If you’re not ready to break the bank, try shopping local instead. Tucson may not be the fashion capital of the world (or even close), but it still has some decent shopping when it comes to those risque items.

When shopping for lingerie, it is important to note functionality and price range. The less daring may go to Victoria’s Secret or Target, while the more adventurous hop in the car and immediately drive to Fascinations.

These locations may be convenient for purchasing lingerie, but Desert Vintage on 4th and Alice-Rae Intimate Apparel should not be forgotten for their selection of more retro pieces.

While some embrace their inner sex kitten, others may be intimidated by the thought of unflattering dressing room mirrors and daunting shadows cast on the body by harsh overhead lights.

But purchasing naughtier items for special occasions isn’t much different from shopping for everyday clothing (albeit with slightly less coverage) — it is all about dressing for your body type.

Women who are apple-shaped should look for corsets to further showcase their assets. For pear-shaped women, bustiers are ideal to help direct the eyes over the curves of the body. Those with a rectangular torso can try waist cinchers to help define their shape. Lastly, an hourglass-shaped woman can basically wear whatever her heart desires.

In any case, the nights college girls imagine themselves as well-dressed socialites tend to end with their lingerie on the floor. Besides snapping a few bra clasps and slipping each leg into a lacy stocking, confidence is really all you need to try some new lingerie for spring.