Police Beat: April 5

Pee on market floor

A female student urinated in the northwest corner of Highland Market at 2:36 a.m. on Sunday after purchasing some food items. After she peed, she tried to cover it up with cardboard boxes full of Frito chips. The woman began walking out of the store when the market’s manager and employees stopped her and asked her to stay until University of Arizona Police Department officers arrived. Once the officers arrived, they questioned everyone at the scene. The manager showed officers security footage of the woman urinating in the market. When the officers went to ask her some questions, she stopped them and said, “I don’t know why you guys are stopping me. I paid for my food.” Officers noticed the smell of alcohol coming from her breath. Officers then asked her if she urinated in the corner of the market, and she replied, “Yes I did!” She started to cry. The woman was cited for minor in possession of alcohol in body, criminal littering and criminal damage.

Writing on the wall

UAPD officers were on patrol and noticed graffiti markings near a biology lab located at 1607 N. Warren Ave. at 5:45 p.m. on March 29. The officers stepped out of their patrol car and saw that the building’s wall was covered in paint three feet high and 13 feet long. The graffiti letters spelled OTW, and each letter was an inch apart. Officers took photos of the scene, then called Facilities Management and asked them to remove the graffiti immediately.

Throwing up and out

A cab driver called UAPD at 1:28 a.m. on Sunday after a male student threw up in his cab and refused to pay him extra for cleaning it up. The man and his two friends were at a party on Mountain Avenue and Drachman Street when they called the driver and asked him to pick them up. On the way to the students’ dorms on Highland Avenue, the man stuck his head out the cab window and vomited. Once the cab got to the dorms, the man continued to vomit out the window.

A female passenger opened the man’s door to try and help him out of the cab, but instead the man vomited on the seat and side of the cab. The woman gave the driver enough money for the ride home, but the driver said he wanted more because he was going to have to clean up the man’s vomit. All of the passengers refused to pay him more.

Once the driver called UAPD, officers arrived at the scene and questioned the three students. Officers noticed they had bloodshot eyes and smelled heavily of alcohol. They also noticed that none of the students could walk in a straight line. The man then started to push his vomit out of the taxi and onto the road. The students were cited for minor in possession of alcohol in body and were referred to the Dean of Students Office for Code of Conduct violations.