“On the spot: Maddy Cuzzupe, Undecided freshman”

What do you know about the Kardashians?

Uh, they have a reality show. Um, there’s three sisters, a dad, a mom. (Laughs)

Do you like them as a family?

I enjoy watching them on T.V.

Well then I’m sure that you’re aware that, wait, is it Khloe that’s about to marry the Los Angeles Lakers player Lamar Odom?

Yes. It occurred. I watched the two-hour special. (Laughs)

(Laughs) OK then. What are your thoughts on that whole thing? Didn’t they only know each other for like a month or something like that before they decided to tie the knot?

Uh, I mean I’m sure they’ll be getting divorced soon but I don’t really care that much to think about it honestly. (Laughs)

Well what about you personally, how long would you need to know somebody or be dating somebody before you take that step toward marriage?

(Pauses) I don’t know. It’s hard to say. I probably wouldn’t marry somebody if I didn’t know them for like a year.

Even if they are a famous celebrity with a crap-ton of money?

(Laughs) Nah, I don’t think so. It’s got to be at least a year, a solid year. (Laughs)

So what advice would you give to this newly married couple?

The newlyweds? (Laughs) Uh, I don’t know. (Pauses) I don’t know, I don’t know. (Laughs) I guess I don’t really have any advice for them. (Laughs) They can do what they want, I don’t really care about them that much. (Laughs)

Maybe just to get to know each other better so they don’t get divorced right away like you think they will or what?

Maybe. Yeah, I guess just get to know each other a little bit more.

Do you think it will help or hurt them that they’re both in the public eye like they are?

Hurt them.

But at least it’s nice for them to have all that money to fall back on.

Yeah (laughs) that would be pretty nice.

— Brian Kimball