W-Tennis faces two top opponents over break

Even though most students view Spring Break as the time to let loose and take their busy minds off of school, a different story presents itself to the No. 67 Arizona women’s tennis team. The Wildcats have matches and practices throughout the duration of their break.

Arizona will hit the road and will face No. 56 Oregon tomorrow at noon and No. 14 ASU Mar. 22 and both matches are on the road.

“”The girls will have a few days off, but we’ll be back on the court on Wednesday afternoon,”” said assistant coach Brian Ramirez. “”Everyone has time to get away and relax if they’d like, and then we’ll get back to things with the normal schedule. Spring Break will not interfere with our preparation for ASU, though.””

Although ASU is Arizona’s biggest all-around rival in practically every aspect, the squad is mainly focused on tomorrow’s match.

“”Most of our attention is pointed at Oregon right now, but ASU is always in the backs of our minds,”” said sophomore Natalia Toporowska said. “”We want to get ready to pull together a great match against Oregon… Then we will worry about ASU.””

Ramirez isn’t as concerned about the playing level of the women as he is about their progression.

“”They don’t have to be spectacular, they don’t have to be supernatural, they don’t have to be extraordinary,”” said Ramirez. “”They just have to put together a solid performance in singles and doubles as a group, and if we do that, we’re going to have all of the opportunities that we want to succeed.””