CatScratch

No. 23 Arizona at Oregon State

There’s something about those Beavers that stays under the radar every year. Not a sleeper, but a sleep-walker through the regular season, until 25 shots of caffeine wake the zombie up and propel greatness in the College World
    Series. Arizona matched its 12-game win streak from earlier in the season but won’t go much beyond that. Still, taking two of three is a victory in most scorebooks, despite last year’s sweep.

Arizona wins series 2-1

Bryan Roy, sports writer

It wasn’t until just recently that everyone seemed to realize the Arizona baseball team was no longer No. 1 and quickly jumped off the bandwagon. Well guess what, although Arizona still yields the No. 1 spot to Miami, Arizona is back in the rankings at No. 23 and playing possibly its best baseball of the year. All that is needed is a series win against the defending national champs to prove it. How convenient, here comes one.

Arizona wins series 2-1

Bobby Stover, sports writer

The Wildcats are red hot, posting 12 straight victories as their bats continue to wear down pitchers. Arizona’s pitching was dominant as last week the team went 5-0 with a 3.19 ERA. The Beavers can hit singles and get on base, but have little power, have trouble scoring runs and they have a team ERA of 5.23. With the Wildcats playing well lately, the back-to-back national champions will be no match for the Wildcats.

Arizona sweeps

Nick Surtale, sports writer