Police Beat: April 21

Finally saw your reflection?

A University of Arizona Police Department officer was called to the Henry Koffler building at 1340 E. University Blvd. on Thursday at 3:58 p.m. after someone reported screams coming form a bathroom.

The person reporting the incident said there were screams and loud banging noises coming from a bathroom in the basement of the building.

When the officer went to the basement bathroom, he did not see any damage done to the room.

At 4:17 p.m., the building monitor called UAPD to report that all of the mirrors in the bathroom on the main floor had been shattered.

The officer arrived at the bathroom on the main floor. He did not see any blood or tools that could have been used to break the mirrors.

The bathroom was secured, and maintenance was notified. There were no suspects or witnesses.

A victim’s rights form was sent to UA Risk Management.

Man throws marijuana to officer

A UAPD officer arrived at the Coronado Residence Hall on Friday at 11:31 p.m. after a resident assistant called to report an odor of marijuana coming from one of the dorm rooms.

When the officer arrived, he could smell a strong scent of fresh marijuana coming from the reported room.

While the officer was speaking with the resident assistant, another UAPD officer, who was waiting outside of the residence hall, saw a man from the fifth floor throw two baggies of marijuana out the window.

The officer retrieved the bags and took them to the fifth floor.

After the officer knocked on the dorm room door, a man answered and identified himself as the resident of the room.

The officer said, “”Thank you for throwing that marijuana down to my officer.””

The man replied, “”Oh fuck! I threw that to an officer?””

The man told the officer that the marijuana was his and that he bought it for $120 from an unknown person somewhere near Speedway Boulevard and Country Club Drive.

After searching the man’s side of the room, the officer did not find any other drugs or paraphernalia.

The man was cited and released for possession of marijuana.

The marijuana was placed into property as evidence.

The RA told the officer that the Community Director would be notified of the incident and a Code of Conduct referral would be sent to the Dean of Students.

Thirsty much?

A UAPD officer arrived at the Coronado Residence Hall on Friday at 10:08 p.m., after an RA reported underage students drinking in a dorm room.

The RA told the officer that, while she was doing her rounds, she heard loud voices coming from two adjoining rooms.

When she knocked on the door, she heard someone say, “”Shhh, quiet, it’s the RAs. Put the stuff away.””

After knocking again, the doors to both rooms were opened. The RA said that there must have been at least 20 people inside the rooms.

While collecting CatCards, some people were able to get away. Twelve people remained in the room.

Once the officer had arrived, he counted the 12 people sitting in the hallway. They were all being very rowdy. Each person was identified by a CatCard — except one who was identified by his high school ID card.

Each person admitted to drinking in the dorm room except the high school student. They were all cited and released at the scene.

The high school student told the officer that he had not been drinking, but a PBT test showed the man had alcohol in his system.

The man refused to sign his citation, and he was transported to Pima County Jail.

The RA told the officer that about 100 Keystone Light beer cans were taken from one of the rooms, half of which were opened or empty. Also in the room were two empty handles of

Absolut vodka and a fifth of José Cuervo that was nearly empty.

In the adjoining room, the RAs found nearly 70 cans of unopened Keystone Light beer, a case of Mike’s Hard Lemonade, a bottle of Bailey’s Irish Cream, a handle of Bacardi Limon, a handle of Captain Morgan spiced rum, a 40-ounce bottle of Bud Light and more.

Photos of the alcohol were taken and placed into property as evidence. All of the alcohol was emptied, and the bottles were thrown out.

All of the students had Code of Conduct referrals sent to the Dean of Students.

‘I just really had to go’

A UAPD officer was on bike patrol on Friday at 9:49 p.m. when he noticed a woman at 1512 E. First St. stumbling as she walked.

The officer saw the woman walk into the breezeway and disappear around the corner and then heard a crashing noise. He found the woman sitting on the cement between a trash can and a soda machine.

The woman’s underwear was down around her knees — she was peeing on the ground while texting on her cell phone.

She identified herself and when asked whether or not she had been drinking she told the officer, “”I didn’t do anything wrong. I just had to go to the bathroom really bad.””

The woman smelled strongly of alcohol, and her speech was slurred. She was cited and released for criminal littering and minor in possession.

She was released to her sorority housemother.