Police Beat: Feb. 10

Double dose of ‘Beautiful’

A non-UA affiliated woman attempted to pass two different driver’s licenses as her own on Sunday at 12:38 a.m. during a traffic stop.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer noticed a vehicle traveling westbound on Broadway Boulevard near Campbell Avenue with its high beams on.

The officer stopped the car and made contact with the female driver who presented an Arizona driver’s license.

The officer noticed the top of another Arizona driver’s license in the woman’s wallet and asked who the identification belonged to.

The woman said the identification belonged to her younger sister and she was holding the license because she had gotten in trouble.

The officer asked the driver for her birth date, but the woman replied with the birth date printed on the second license — the one that supposedly belonged to her younger sister.

The officer asked the woman to identify herself, but the woman continued to assert that the first license was hers.

The officer then asked the passenger to step out of the vehicle.

The passenger identified the driver to the officer as the information that corresponded to the second identification but noted that the driver was better known by her stage name, “”Beautiful.””

A record check showed that both licenses were suspended and that the first license had a Tucson Police Department warrant for arrest.

The officer asked the woman to step out from the driver’s seat and told the woman that the first license had a warrant out for arrest.

At this point, the woman admitted the second license was hers, saying she used the first driver’s license to “”go out.””

The officer arrested the woman for driving on a suspended license and for knowingly representing another’s driver’s license as her own.

The woman was transported to and booked into Pima County Adult Detention Center.

Student suspected in hit and run busted for drug paraphernalia

A female UA student was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia on Monday at 11:47 p.m. while UAPD officers were conducting an investigation on a hit and run.

A UAPD officer responded to the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity house at 10:04 p.m. in regards to a hit and run.

During the investigation, a female UA suspect was identified.

The officer contacted the suspected student, who agreed to return to the location.

When student arrived, the officer went over to her vehicle.

Another UAPD officer on the scene could smell marijuana coming from the vehicle.

The original UAPD officer began to talk with the student in the suspected vehicle about the hit and run.

After the hit and run investigation was completed, the officer told the student that officers had smelled marijuana coming from the vehicle.

The officer asked permission to search the vehicle, and the student replied, “”Sure, go ahead.””

The student remained in the rear of the vehicle while the officers searched her vehicle.

The officers found a lighter and a combination pipe with marijuana residue on the floor in front of the passenger seat.

The student identified the pipe as a “”one hitter”” and said that she did not smoke marijuana. The student said that it belonged to her boyfriend.

The officer cited the student for possession of drug paraphernalia and released her on the scene.

The student was also referred to the Dean of Students Office.

Thief leaves blood and prints behind

A male UA employee had his car broken into on Feb. 7 sometime between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.

The employee contacted UAPD and an officer was dispatched to a parking lot at 1904 E. Helen Ave.

He showed the officer the driver’s side lock, which was visibly damaged.

The employee checked the inside of the vehicle and noticed that the car was missing its radio and an iPod, the dashboard of the car had also been completely pulled from its housing.

Nothing else was missing, according to the employee.

The officer inspected the vehicle and noticed two small smudges of blood near the door handle of the driver’s side door.

The employee said the blood was new because the car was just washed.

The officer used distilled water to swab the smudges and placed the blood into evidence to be analyzed.

The officer was also able to lift two latent fingerprints from the exterior of the driver’s side door.

The fingerprints will be sent to the Pima County Sheriff’s Office for examination.

The door could still lock, but the keyhole was punched out, rendering it useless for key entry.

He told the officer the thief had turned on the lights of the vehicle and now the battery was drained.

The employee’s father arrived on scene and was able to jump-start the vehicle.