Litterbox

Newsworthy

The rumors are true, kinda. Anna-Nicole Smith entered a commitment ceremony with her lawyer, Howard K. Stern (not to be confused with the radio personality). It’s not legally binding, but it’s symbolic. The cutest part of the ceremony was Smith’s newborn daughter Dannielyn, named after her deceased son Daniel. Aww, babies are cute. But Anna-Nicole’s face was not when she was photographed at the wedding ceremony, which took place on a yacht in the Bahamas. No, really, what’s up with her face? Did she get an atomic sunburn that peeled it off?

Sounds

Project Parallel is an electronic experimental band with a female lead singer, who sounds similar to Emily Haines from Metric, and a lead male singer, who adds to jams with rap interludes. It’s a great pastime endeavor and worth a listen. The band just released its first full-length album, Android Parlour Tricks, on Mustachio Records. Listen to “”Heart of Stone”” and “”The Distance”” on the band’s MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/projectparallel.

Quoteworthy

“”I liked the film and I learned that you should stay away from fields that have red stones. There are mines there. I didn’t know that before,”” said Masiha, an 11-year-old who lives in Kabul. Masiha was one of many young children who were shown the new Muppet movie created by No Strings International, a British charity committed to educating people in war-torn areas. The movie features a Muppet by the name of Chuche who loses his limbs one by one until he learns his lesson about land mines.

Words to read

Vice magazine is a magazine about, well, vice. Duh. Every article, from CD reviews to in-depth dos and don’ts of fashion, is filled with sarcastic and snide remarks. The magazine even features random pictures of people’s asses and naked men with peace signs painted all over their bodies. You can preview the magazine at http://www.viceland.com, but you can take the print version in the bath.

Random Review

Get rid of those dorky American flag T-shirts that you bought to show your support of America and check out a Web site with clothing that is fashionable, unique and sentimental. TakePride.com features T-shirts that are “”inspired by the lives and actions of real men and women serving in our nation’s military.”” The shirts display screen-printed images with things like photographs from the current war, quotes from a soldier’s journal and other assorted honest messages. It’s great to see a company that features the truth of war and actually supports the people who are in the trenches.

Gripe of the week

Applebee’s is one of many chain restaurants to feature a Weight Watchers menu, complete with point values for every dish. As if chubby people weren’t focused on their weight enough, Weight Watchers created a system where clients must constantly be thinking about how many points they have left in the day and how that corresponds to what they can shove in their mouths. I suggest that Applebee’s re-vamp its Weight Watchers menu so that it simply says, “”Watching your weight? Go home.””