Date Book

Campus Events

• Faculty Senate. Faculty governance at UA functions under the constitution and bylaws of the general faculty. 3 p.m. James E. Rogers College of Law building, Room 146
  • Lecture. The Africana Studies Fall 2006 Presents will feature a lecture by Renford Reese titled “”The Racial Paradox: Politics, Policies, Pop Culture.”” Reese will discuss the perpetual gang warfare and overemphasis on living a glamorous lifestyle that has derailed many young black men from achieving success in the U.S. 3:30 p.m. Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center, Room 141
  • Science career panel. Learn about medicine, dentistry, genetic counseling and other careers in the health sciences. A panel of professionals will provide details of their jobs. Following the panel, there will be a free, informal dinner to encourage networking. 4 p.m. Life Sciences South building, Room 440
  • Eminent Scholar Series. The Eminent Scholar Series presents Hans Frauenfelder, who will discuss “”Proteins: Energy Landscape, Fluctuations and Function.”” The series is presented by the College of Science and the departments of chemistry, biochemistry and molecular biophysics. 5 p.m. ILC, Room 140
  • Writing workshop. Part of a free semester-long series of workshops, Victoria Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss “”Persuading with Clear Logic and Appropriate Vocabulary.”” 5 p.m. Modern Languages building, Room 410
  • Film. “”Ripples Cross: Life is Short, Make it Count”” documents the work of the International Solidarity Movement through the eyes of an American college student in Palestine. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202
  • Workshop. The Center for Student Involvement and Leadership Fall 2006 Leadership Workshop Series presents a free workshopon managing personal finances. 5 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Sabino Room
  • Tournaments. Come enjoy free tournaments every Monday night. 5 p.m. SUMC, Wilbur’s Underground, Games Room
  • Monday Night Football. Enjoy Monday Night Football on the big screen for free! 5 p.m. Park Student Union, Dining Room