PoliceBeat

A woman lost her $4,000 wedding ring at the Homecoming football game sometime between 1:15 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. Nov. 11, reports stated.

She took off her ring to put suntan lotion on, and she could not remember where she put it when she looked for it later.

The ring was a double-band platinum ring with three diamonds on either side of a larger, round diamond, the woman said.

She searched the area around her seat and the restroom for the ring, but she could not locate it.

Two master keys to the Shantz building, 1200 E. South Campus Drive, were lost sometime between 3 p.m. Nov. 6 and 7:45 a.m. Nov. 7, reports stated.

An administrative assistant said that she last remembered having the keys while she was in the Shantz building.

While she rushed to attend a faculty meeting, a female student asked her if she could borrow the keys to open a room.

The assistant let the student borrow the keys, but she did not remember getting them back.

She said she checked other departments in the building to see if anyone had turned the keys in to another office, but she still could not locate the keys.

An alarm was activated in the Student Union Memorial Center’s cash room, 1303 E. University Blvd., for the sixth time in three days at about 2:46 a.m. Nov. 12, reports stated.

An online camera feed showed that no one was in the room, and police on scene confirmed that no one had entered the room.

For three consecutive nights, the alarm had consistently activated near 2:46 a.m. as well as at other times.

Requests were made to the alarm company and the student union operations manager to coordinate an effort to stop the false alarms.

Two students hit each other at 1:25 a.m. Nov. 11 in Kaibab-Huachuca Residence Hall, 922 E. Fourth St., reports stated.

One student was already in bed with the lights out when his roommate returned to the room.

His roommate was loud and upset because the Tucson Police Department had cited him for underage possession and consumption of liquor.

“”Shut the fuck up and go to bed,”” the student in bed said to his roommate.

His roommate told police the student then got out of bed and punched him in the face.

The student told police he only got out of bed and grabbed his roommate’s shoulders in an attempt to quiet him.

The roommate hit the student in retaliation, and the student left the room and called the University of Arizona Police Department.

When police arrived, the roommate immediately walked out of the building and said, “”I’m the guy you want. I hit my roommate.””

“”I’m the one who called you,”” the student said as he followed his roommate out of the residence hall, “”and I’m the one who was hit.””

The student who had tried to quiet his roommate had a laceration to his lip, and he went to the hospital to get stitches.

Neither resident wished to pursue assault charges against the other, but the student who had originally been in bed told police he would spend the rest of the night at a friend’s apartment.

A woman hit a car while trying to exit the Cherry Avenue Parking Garage, 1641 E. Enke Drive, in her vehicle at 9:35 a.m. Nov. 11, reports stated.

The woman told police that when she tried to exit the garage, the automatic arm would not rise to let her leave.

She put her car in reverse and drove her vehicle into the car behind her.

The collision left a small dent and a scratch on the car behind the woman, and the vehicles’ owners exchanged information.

A student lost her black cell phone Nov. 11 sometime between noon and 1 p.m. during the Homecoming parade, reports stated.

The student lost the phone somewhere near East Second Street and North Campbell Avenue while she walked with the parade.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.